Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
shemozzle999

I have seen that before in my long surfing sessions whilst looking at how to motorise my Brompton.

Two observations :

1. I think it would be quite heavy.

2. Goldenmotor seem to have mixed responses about their quality and support. Having said that, I guess so do Tongxin :rolleyes:

Regards

Jerry

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Jerry
Looks like it would need a latch extension block - nudge nudge wink wink say no more:rolleyes:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Sorry Colin I didn't make the connection that it was you :eek:

In the end I went back to the first extension for the clip you sent me, as I prefer to space the wire mud guard stay ring rather than having it against the fork with the main nut behind it. Maybe I should have used the original Brompton washer that is shaped to recess the stay wire and allow the nut to sit flush against it but I would have to make the hole bigger for the new motor shaft and as I have a longer shaft anyway it was easier to go back to the original arrangement.

Thanks again though for helping me out, your standard extension block certainly makes things neater.

I will update the post.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Sorry Colin I didn't make the connection that it was you :eek:

In the end I went back to the first extension for the clip you sent me, as I prefer to space the wire mud guard stay ring rather than having it against the fork with the main nut behind it. Maybe I should have used the original Brompton washer that is shaped to recess the stay wire and allow the nut to sit flush against it but I would have to make the hole bigger for the new motor shaft and as I have a longer shaft anyway it was easier to go back to the original arrangement.

Thanks again though for helping me out, your standard extension block certainly makes things neater.

I will update the post.

Regards

Jerry

I had the same problem but without the hole enlargement you have so I had to use cutters to cut mine and deform it to slip over the shaft then bend it back into shape as it was not an easy job to remove the connectors.