Some of you guys/girls do know about specs on e-bikes > what u reckon on these specs on this bike ..

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Price of bike is £2000

Battery,

252 Wh, 7 Ah, 36 V
Charging time
3.5 hours to 100%, 2.5 hours to 80%
Weight
23,5 kg (51.8 lbs)
Motor
Eleon 42 nm, 250 Wh front wheel motor
Maximum speed
25 km/h (15.5 m/h)
Aluminium
Included
Battery charger, bicycle stand, reflectors
Support
9 support modes
Frame height
53 cm

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It looks like the specification for a sub £1000 bike.

Very small battery; adequate motor but front hub is usually budget but not generally the best choice.
Doesn't mention brakes and gears. Typical weight.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh and budsy

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
It looks like the specification for a sub £1000 bike.

Very small battery; adequate motor but front hub is usually budget but not generally the best choice.
Doesn't mention brakes and gears. Typical weight.
Thanks for the reply appreciated though rack on back of bike id want to hold
2 x Ortlieb panniers i have which click onto rack at either side ..

I like sound of the Gates chain system as more so up to date than old style which has been for many yrs now

This was mge i received ..Is this site sponsored by woosh by any chance :D

Hi
I think its going to be difficult to find a bike which can cover all of the requirements ,However we can get fairly close with the Muto .
They are a step through , they have the Shimano Nexus gear system & the option of front & rear racks , they have the larger 50mm wide tyres fitted which improves there comfort on less than perfect surfaces plus you can fit an after market suspension seat post if required . Another really nice feature of these bikes is that they are belt drive rather than chain so are super quiet in use & in terms of longevity the belts easily out last the life span of the chains .
We have stock of these arriving back with us all going well at the end of next week , In terms of free stock most of whats coming has already been pre-ordered by customers but we do have availability of them in the grey best colour option in our opinion . If you would like to organise to come and view / demo once available you would be more than welcome to do so .
https://www.jacs-electricbikes.co.uk//product-page/muto-multi-purpose-step-through-e-bike-available-mid-march

All the best

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Shimano Nexus 8 and Gates belt is good, rest of bike pretty average. Overpriced for what it is. Would expect higher capacity battery at 2 grand.

Reactions: budsy

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Shimano Nexus 8 and Gates belt is good, rest of bike pretty average. Overpriced for what it is. Would expect higher capacity battery at 2 grand.
Cheers for answer appreciated ^

Yes thats what i likes best of all about any bike is gearing inside hub of a bike ..
is my no 1 thing on a bike i want and always have had on bikes in past

This new Belt gates drive instead of chain sounds better also .

Can i ask is this site sponsored by Woosh by any chance :D

Last edited:

geoff967

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2019
Cheers for answer appreciated ^

Yes thats what i likes best of all about any bike is gearing inside hub of a bike ..
is my no 1 thing on a bike i want and always have had on bikes in past

This new Belt gates drive instead of chain sounds better also .

Can i ask is this site sponsored by Woosh by any chance :D
No it is not but he is one of the most helpful trade contributors

Reactions: budsy

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Yes, belt drive, Nexus 8, decent brakes and tyres (none mentioned in your original post) certainly make that bike a more attractive proposition; still on the pricey side though.

VERY optimistic battery range for a battery that size; could be done on a flat road with minimal assist in good conditions. And you'd expect a rack for a utility bike in that price range.

• Agree
Reactions: budsy and Fordulike

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Similar spec'd bike already exists and is available for £695 , with 20% more wh and no belt drive.