Sorry to hear the news about Stephen Gately

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Our SG was 7'2, rode a Horse, had an anarchistic sense of humor (some may say sarcastic), and seemed familiar with 50 cycles.
Could have been that old pest Dynamics* returned under a different name, which would account for the sarcasm and past knowledge of 50cycles.

*No connection with member Dynamic Position.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Could have been that old pest Dynamics* returned under a different name, which would account for the sarcasm and past knowledge of 50cycles.

*No connection with member Dynamic Position.
too witty to be that plonker..

give it a couple of days and I bet you our very own Boyzone star will rise from the grave
bw
musicbooks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

give it a couple of days and I bet you our very own Boyzone star will rise from the grave
bw
musicbooks
Oddly enough, Dynamics did start with exactly that sort of wit in his earliest posts. Those early posts had the same sardonic note to the wit, but he then went downhill into increasingly anti-social behaviour. Something here seemed to have upset him, since after his return to New Zealand he was posting on a cycling forum there back into his earlier mode and perfectly reasonable.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009

bw
musicbooks
I'm upset at the remark:confused:eek: :eek: Am I really a plonker? I guess I must have come across that way with some of my posts to the forum, but I'd like to hope that not everybody feels the same way.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm upset at the remark:confused:eek: :eek: Am I really a plonker? I guess I must have come across that way with some of my posts to the forum, but I'd like to hope that not everybody feels the same way.
Like me, musicbooks was referring to the original "Dynamics" member as I noted in my footnote above when I made it clear that had no connection to you.

I'm absolutely certain that musicbooks has the same respect for you as I have.

In any case, any member referring to a current member in that fashion is liable to instant disciplinary action. The person originally using the Dynamics name was expelled from the forum on account of his extreme anti-social behaviour, so the derogatory remark was deserved in that case.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
This gets better and better.

Do we now have one person who is not who some people thought he was followed by another person who is who people think he isn't? :confused:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think he spelt his pseudonym "Dienamics", or similar, anyway.
Yes you're right, he did and still does on the Vorb website where he's been a member for five years, as you've spelt it but not capitalised.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
This gets better and better.

Do we now have one person who is not who some people thought he was followed by another person who is who people think he isn't? :confused:
Yes a most amusing post Django or dare I say ................

Only joking though. You lost me on the bit that was the bit before the bit at the very end where in fact I lost the ability to think straight...

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Like me, musicbooks was referring to the original "Dynamics" member as I noted in my footnote above when I made it clear that had no connection to you.

I'm absolutely certain that musicbooks has the same respect for you as I have.

In any case, any member referring to a current member in that fashion is liable to instant disciplinary action. The person originally using the Dynamics name was expelled from the forum on account of his extreme anti-social behaviour, so the derogatory remark was deserved in that case.
Thanks Flecc for the explanation, I was not aware that someone else was using a similar name when I chose it. My choice of name came from the dynamic positioning simulator systems which I used to enjoy maintaining. :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the name explanation, the reasons people have for their online names are often fascinating and endless in their variety. There's probably enough interesting stories behind the reasons to make up an entertaining book, some I've heard being quite amusing.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Flecc is correct Dynamic Position. I'm referring to a previous plonker:D
Apologies for the mix up
bw
musicbooks

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Flecc is correct Dynamic Position. I'm referring to a previous plonker:D
Apologies for the mix up
bw
musicbooks
Apologies accepted. :)

The Pedelecs Forums was the best accidental discovery I made. It has proved to be invaluable as sources of technical knowledge and for the friendly banter. In the year that I have been a member I have not come across any rogue element. Now that I am an e-cyclist I don't think I'd go back to a push bike.;) It must have been tough in the early days.

Advertisers