spare key would be good

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Hi folks
when i bought my torq which i am very happy with:D i was supplied with just 1 key for bike as this is a small key i am concerned that if i loose it would it be a problem to replace is this the norm 1key with a bike.NIGEL.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The blank looks like a fairly common one Nigel, so you should be able to get a spare one cut at any local keycutting service.

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
powabykes may be tractors but not only do you get two keys but allso some spare motor wheel spokes.:p
hang on why would you need spare spokes:eek:
mike

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Spare Keys for Torq

Hi folks
when i bought my torq which i am very happy with:D i was supplied with just 1 key for bike as this is a small key i am concerned that if i loose it would it be a problem to replace is this the norm 1key with a bike.NIGEL.
Hi Nigel:
I got three keys with my Torq and three for the Chopper. They were not that small and gave a problem in that one's heel sometimes catches them and switches off the battery/motor.
My friend (if he will excuse the familiarity) found the same, pointed this out to 50Cycles and was rewarded with 2 spare blanks which he had no trouble having cut at at Key Cutting Service (in your Yellow Pages). :)
Peter

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
keys & spokes, you lucky boy

....but allso some spare motor wheel spokes.:p
hang on why would you need spare spokes:eek:
mike
Now that is helpful, motor wheel spokes are of course a different length, could be difficult to come by, the stress the motor subjects the spokes to can cause them to fail more quickly, its a good idea to check they are tight (but not too tight...) on a regular basis, i carry a spoke key with me as part of my 'kit',

which reminds me... i must get some spare spokes... LOL

beeps

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

BY peter
Sorry to be a pest but I just really like the simplicity and convenience of the basic concept - I am SO much more likely to use a lock even for those just-popping-into-the-shop-for-a-choccie-bar moments if it's always on the bike

Thanx for that pete i contact 50 cycles and see if they will send out a couple of blanks:D NIGEL.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Spokes

If you have difficulty in getting spokes as mentioned above, St Johns Cycles do a full range of 14g British made spokes from 120 mm to 246 mm, in 1 or 2 mm steps, covering many but not all of our e-bikes.

Jim

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 4, 2006
Nottingham
Hi Nigel

Strange that you only have one key all our bikes are supplied with three keys. I will sort a couple out for you and pop them in the post.

On the subject of spokes we keep a full range of spokes for all the eZee bikes.

Cheers

Jim.