Specialized Full Suspension frame with integrated Controller.Bargain £170

epilef

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 22, 2014
Hi,

I'm selling my FS e-bike frame with DIY integrated 18Fet Controller.

This ad is perfect for those who want to swap from hardtail to a full suspension frame. You have heard it already many times but I have to insist on it, the riding improvement is HUGE.

The frame is a Specialized SX Supercross 2003. A downhill sturdy frame.

Frame is Medium and that is the reason why I'm selling this frame. I'm swapping the frame to a Large size which fits better my 183cm height.

This frame, as medium size, will fit riders from 168cm(5'6") to 180cm(5'11") tall.

The white original colour of the frame was stripped, sanded, base coated, base painted and final coated with a red candy colour lacquer. So colour is exclusive, you won't find any Specialized SX in red candy colour, and neither you'll find many bikes bicycles with this colour as is quite new in the market.

Has been my first gunspray job so there's a paint drip and also after 1 year of use the frame/paint has some chips and brushes as showed in pictures, but hardly noticeable as they're tiny.

Included with the frame:

Rear original Shock: Fox Vanilla R

Bottom Bracket.

Crank: arm 175mm; 104BCD

Top and bottom cups of the headset. (Bottom cup is for sealed bearing only)

Seatube Clamp (No bolt included)

Seat post: It's been trimmed in the lowest part, but will fit any rider up to 180cm tall; It's got two holes in the top part where 2x 12AWG cables went through, it doesn't compromise its strength, at least with a 165lbs rider.

Lower mudguard, thermo molded to conceal the controller.

The controller is a generic Aliexpress Controller. Specs are:

Motor type: BLCD DirectDrive hub motor.

Voltage: 60V

Mosfet: 18

Max Current: official 35A; Currently shunt moded, probably 40-45A

Low Voltage CutOff (LVC) = 52V (+/- 0.5V)

Hall Sensor: Yes

Three speed switch: Yes

The isolation of the Controller and cables has been improved to resist UK rain.

All the cables coming out will be labeled to ease the mount, in advance are:

Power in: 2 thick cables

Phase out: 3 thick cables

Hall Sensor: 5 cables (includes -5v ground needed also in throttle and 3 speed switch)

Throttle: 2 Cable (ground -5v shared with -5v hall cable)

3 speed switch: 2 Cable (ground -5v shared with -5v hall cable)

Power out: the same than your battery, I used the 60v out for a horn.

Low brake cutoff: 2 cables. Use it with an ebike brake lever or with a button switch, when connected will cut the power of the throttle. Useful when you're manipulating the bike...

On the highest speed and with my battery (15S LIPO) freshly charged the bike pulls like a beast, easy to do a small wheely if you're not careful with the throttle. Here is the reason to sell the controller with the frame, once you get used to certain power you're ready for more (I upgraded to 60A controller).

I use 3 steel-reinforced torque arms (you can find them in Ebay) and I wouldn't recommend less than 3 torque arms if you don't want the axle splitting the frame dropouts.

Disclaimer: Item for sell is Bike frame and controller. The last two pictures are only for aesthetic references, how it looks when the bike is complete.

The price is £170 postage (Parcelforce) included. If collected from Brighton £160. A bargain considering that only the frame+shock cost me £150 one year ago. Paypal or bank transfer.

I'm a good ebay seller, if you prefer go through Ebay (and its Paypal secure purchase) the price will be £185 (as Ebay withdraws a 10% fee)

Any questions let me know.

Felip

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Your new bike isn't black with a beefy looking 8 fun crank drive is it?

Just as a Brighton bloke I , very unusually, saw a awesome looking fs mtg chained up on London road today. Really stood out

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I'll be brutally honest and say the controller is good for almost no-one at 60v and 40 odd amps. You may find someone but I think realistically you are just selling a frame.

All the best though fella ! I'll keep an eye out

epilef

Jul 22, 2014
Your new bike isn't black with a beefy looking 8 fun crank drive is it?

Just as a Brighton bloke I , very unusually, saw a awesome looking fs mtg chained up on London road today. Really stood out
Apparently Ebikes are becoming popular. No it wasn't me, I'll stick with DD and my bike is still in half process, waiting for spares.

About the controller is not really odd, is not about speed is about acceleration, if you stop in the middle of an intersection on a hilly street, believe me you want a powerful and fast response, well at least makes me feel safe. And you know how steep are many streets in here...

epilef

Jul 22, 2014
Price Drop!!!

The price is £140 postage (Parcelforce) included. If collected from Brighton £120. A bargain considering that only the frame+shock cost me £150 one year ago. Paypal or bank transfer.

I'm a good ebay seller, if you prefer go through Ebay (and its Paypal secure purchase) the price will be £150 (as Ebay withdraws a 10% fee)