Speed Box 3 B-Tuning for Bosch CX

Weldinpatt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 23, 2018
Been looking at Speed Box3 B- Tuning for Bosch cx gen3 . Fancy the iphone app model. I notice theBosch cx gen3 S - pedelec at 350w is the same 250w motor , the only difference being the software. But another different aspect suggests the 350w S pedelec version though faster has a lesser hill climbing ability than it’s slower 250w brother. Is that true ? Is this an issue with respect to the ‘Speed Box 3 B-Tuning blue tooth iPhone app version ? If you have had other observations or noticed or thought anything else what are they ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
both motors are the same bar the speed difference but the bike with the dongle will be faster if it is geared for it as my dongle cuts out at 36mph.

dongles dont give any more power so both bikes will climb at the same speed if on a steep hill.

any dongle plugged in to the motor could be bricked in future software updates to the bikes motor!

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
An observation regarding speedbox dongles.
I have a 2016 Giant Road e+1 which has had a speedbox dongle wired in for most of its life.
Contrary to what one might think the motor and battery have performed faultlessly for nearly 6000km with the battery still offering 30 to 40 miles of range on hilly rides even when using the dongle.
In conclusion long term use of the speedbox dongle hasn't destroyed either the motor or the battery and makes the bike a pleasure to ride.