Speedict question

martx007

Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2008
Wigan, United Kingdom
Folks

Just splashed out on a speedict device, just wanted confirmation if anyone has one that i've connected it correctly as I can't pair it to a bluetooth device.I have connected just inline in between where the battery was connected (see pic). This seems correct according to the manual i printed out and my volmeter can see the usual 40v at the other side. The motor works fine. It's as if it is just a passive device now. I've tried 2 android phones and neither can see a device to pair(yes i've set to discoverable when doing)

Any ideas for testing or likely faulty?

thanks
Martin
speedict.jpg

vhfman

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2008
Hi Martin
I use a speedict and It works perfectly with my cheap Chinese android phone. I am not sure from your picture which side you have the battery connected, the input should be on the same side as the speed and temp sensors, it is labelled on the side of the device INPUT and OUTPUT.
I wonder if you have connected up via usb to a pc and updated the firmware, and do you have the latest speedict android software installed on your phones?
When the speedict is pairing it should show the flashing red and green leds, when paired and connected the red led should continue flashing but the green led should have gone out. Look at the speedict site and download the software/firmware and upgrade if you haven’t done so already and hopefully it should work OK.
I have seen, that some android phones have a problem with Bluetooth stack which can cause problems connecting with the speedict, but not sure which devices they are. There is quite a lot of discussion on the ES site may be of assistance.

Chris