Spy shots New Kudos Bikes

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
Hi All,

Thought some of the Pedelec community might be interested in hearing about 2 new bikes coming in from Kudos. I was down at the their place a few days ago and caught sight of the New Rapide and Sonata ebikes, both look very stylish to me in the pictures below and seem very well spec'd. Excuse the images, Kudos will release better pics soon.

The Kudos Rapide and Kudos Sonata bikes would make an ideal 'his n hers' bicycles combination.

Rapide:
· 700C (28") x 51cm aluminium 6061-T6 frame

· Shimano Deore 30-speed gears

· Speed sensor

· Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes

· Powerful BPM-CST Bafang motor

· Low drag Samsung 10.4Ah LiMnO4 battery

· 23-34-42T front, 11-34T (10 steps) rear

· USB power output

· Set-off thumb throttle

· Robust max radius mudguards

Sonata

· 26" x 46cmaluminium 6061-T6 frame

· Speed sensor

· Samsung 10.4Ah X-5 slimline battery

· USB power output

· Set-off thumb throttle

Robust max radius mudguards

Attachments

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Hi All,

Thought some of the Pedelec community might be interested in hearing about 2 new bikes coming in from Kudos. I was down at the their place a few days ago and caught sight of the New Rapide and Sonata ebikes, both look very stylish to me in the pictures below and seem very well spec'd. Excuse the images, Kudos will release better pics soon.

The Kudos Rapide and Kudos Sonata bikes would make an ideal 'his n hers' bicycles combination.

Rapide:
· 700C (28") x 51cm aluminium 6061-T6 frame

· Speed sensor

· Low drag Samsung 10.4Ah LiMnO4 battery

· USB power output

· Set-off thumb throttle

· Robust max radius mudguards

Sonata

· 26" x 46cmaluminium 6061-T6 frame

· Speed sensor

· Samsung 10.4Ah X-5 slimline battery

· USB power output

· Set-off thumb throttle

Robust max radius mudguards
Can't say like it that much, why would you want 30 gears?,less is more.

Blackgold

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 14, 2014
Tom,I bought the Kudos Tornado and have been very pleased with it but I havnt done much off road. I like the look of that Rapide bike,it looks more like my old sports bike,it would suit my comuting more,do you have a price? When are the bikes coming in,I would like to have a trial ride around the park.
Do you have a weight? The frame looks light.

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
Hi Blackgold,

I remember you bought the last Tornado from me, couldn't get enough of these models in the shop, great bike for the money.

The Rapide I believe is going to be priced at £1395 and I should have a demo available late next/early week after? I think the weight is about 21kgs, thats the target weight Kudos were looking at, I'll drop you a pm when they come in.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Why does the word "powerful" keep appearing in the specs(not just on these bikes).
These motors are not powerful,they are actually "weak" when compared to all electric bike motors available.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Why does the word "powerful" keep appearing in the specs(not just on these bikes).
These motors are not powerful,they are actually "weak" when compared to all electric bike motors available.
IMHO and based upon all our testing at Redbridge the Bafang BPM motor and the similar Panasonic hub motor and the BH emotion hub motors are the most powerful 'legal' motors available and good value for the performance they offer.
I notice in your stable you have a Dillinger 1000 watt motor unit but that cannot be used as a pedelec so is not fairly comparable.
KudosDave

Reactions: Kinninvie

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
'Fraid you're talking out of your bottom there.

And if you want to be pedantic, it's the controller that makes a motor powerful, and the BPM can take 1500watts easily.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I like the look of the Rapide, it's my type of bike. Mudguards, lights and carrier. A proper man's bike. :)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I made my Tornado into something very much resembling the Rapide
Tubamanandy....any chance of putting a photo of your custom Tornado and a spec/costing of the mods you made,it is interesting to us and other forum members of producing a bike which would be a cross between an mtb and a commuter bike.
Thanks
KudosDave

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Just a few alterations/modifications to my Typhoon to make it a really good commuting bike:-

Marathon Plus Tyres
Rear Rack - post mounted
Rear cluster changed to 11t top gear
Decent rear bag
Full length mudguards added
Seat changed for a comfort model
Really decent twin front Cree light (Ebay) with rechargeable battery pack sat above battery
2 x Good quality rear lights
Various reflective strips added to battery and rear rack since this photo taken
Bike is security etched

FUTURE MODIFICATION:-

Suntour NCX Supension Seatpost

My daily commute is only about 8 miles each way and I find this bike IDEAL as a car replacement. Absolutely love the bike now

Attachments

Reactions: Jimod and mfj197

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Forgot to add, still not sure what the throttle on my bike actually does - certainly doesnt work like a full throttle on my other e-bike

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Tubamanandy.....you must be proud of that bike,the customisation obviously makes it more into a commuter bike and suits your usage,thanks for the photo.
The throttle is a start off device which works up to 4 mph,it is useful for a quick getaway at a roundabout,for example. Unless the BEBA lobby are successful in getting the new regs to include a full speed throttle then we will have to get used to these low speed throttles,that is the spec which is now all that is allowed in mainland Europe.
Pleased you like your bike,as you say it has similarities to the new Rapide but in a 29er frame.
KudosDave