Squeak from speed sensor

Helen C

Pedelecer
Jan 15, 2014
Managed to get out for my first proper go on the bike - it's great and the way it climbs the 1 in 5 hill from the village is just unbelievable (14mph and me laughing out loud).

But there's a squeak. I've tracked it down to the magnetic sensor rubbing on one area of the fibre disc with the magnets in. As you turn the crank slowly you can see that at one point the disc comes too close the sensor - but I'm not sure why or what to do about it (I could take it to the dealer but it hardly seems worth it for such a trivial thing if I can fix it myself). Any ideas?

-H

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
You DO want to sort that out, otherwise it will wear the sensor casing away, and destroy it.

Can you get a cable tie on to the crank axle to hold the magnet ring further out?

Reactions: Helen C

Helen C

Pedelecer
Jan 15, 2014
You DO want to sort that out, otherwise it will wear the sensor casing away, and destroy it.

Can you get a cable tie on to the crank axle to hold the magnet ring further out?
Thanks. I'm not sure - everything seems very tight down there.
-H

D

Deleted member 4366

The magnet disc is only held in place with friction. You should be able to push ot away by hand. No harm will come to it.

Reactions: Helen C