Stealth bomber clone ebikes

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The second bike looks like it has a cyclone cx1 type drive, I doubt if it is 250w as stated.
More of these bikes will be conficated and crushed in time, for there ott useage. Ride like a loon and get noticed is a sure way to get nicked.

Even those who ride more then 250w, as long as they ride sensibly then unlikely they will be noticed.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The second bike looks like it has a cyclone cx1 type drive, I doubt if it is 250w as stated.
I thought it looked familiar - 5kw or 1.5kw

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Even those who ride more then 250w, as long as they ride sensibly then unlikely they will be noticed.
I ride my 250W bbs01b sensibly, but the way I'm dressed gets me noticed lol - dayglow jawguard helmet with camera sticking out in front, hiviz top and trousers, flashing LEDs everywhere and big bright lights... lit up like a Xmas tree. A group of women on a night out a couple of days ago, all burst into laughter. Makes women everywhere laugh. Someday a female cop won't laugh, and will demand to inspect my particulars :oops:

Last edited:

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
The O/P has moved on, but these 5-10,000w "electric motorcycles" are illegal death traps. l've seen them hooning around the roads here, unbelievably one guy carries a young child on the seat in front of him, neither of them with helmets.

Okay on private land, do what you want there, but not on public roads/cycle paths etc

lt's not just the speed, it's the size/weight of the bike and the acceleration.

Get hit by one of these things even at 15mph and you are in trouble.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
big heavy fast bikes need big heavy expensive batts that wont last long going those speeds ;)

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
Great fun l would imagine though, in the right place, and used sensibly.

Although Simon Cowell nearly broke his back when he tried one.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Guy Martin was also taken by surprise on a similar type of powered ebike, even with his powered bike experience.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that was a swind bike and got way more power than a bomber build the thing wants to back flip and costs 20k

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
In a video shared by police on social media, the bikes were filmed getting crushed at a scrapyard.
The force said it was often asked why they don't sell the bikes and give the money to charity.

"It's simply because they can't be ridden legally on the roads or in public spaces - so if we sold them there's every chance they could be ridden illegally or dangerously again," it said.

OMG, if they simply bin the controller and wheel hub/motor then you have a bike that at most requires a new wheel, might have decent parts too so at the very least they should be stripped for parts and the batteries will be worth a few bob?

Cops not set up to for this however there are are charity recycling schemes where I live that receive old bikes from various sources, strip them, do them up and give them out to, for example recently to Ukrainian refugees, really no need in this day and age to be crushing anything...the response of the cops is moronic IMHO...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The reason they crush them is to send out a message to users that they WILL be destroyed and not recirculated.
The frames likely heavier and the drop outs not suitable for legal 250w motors to fit.
No one is going to ride around on a stealth bomber type bike with a 250w 15.5mph rating.