Stealth Bomber is not charging anymore

SBoy

Just Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Hello, I am the new owner of a stealth bomber 5000 watts, but probably not the happiest because I already had an accident (not by my fault) and today as I returned from driving, I wanted to charge the bike to full because it was about 80% Charger was plugged in and when I connected the charger to I heard a light boom and some smoke appeared. I think that the ends could have burned because the bike is not charging at all. I send pictures below. I am asking for advice and how to fix it. Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
My guess is that you inserted the plug into the socket the wrong way round. If so, you've burnt the fuse in the charger. You can check that by measuring the voltage between the two pins. Don't let your probes touch each other when you measure. Measure between the pins on the battery too in case you've blown the charge fuse in there too.

SBoy

Just Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Thank you for the answer, unfortunately I do not have the right tools to measure it. The only thing I can add is that I replaced the fuse in the charger.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Thank you for the answer, unfortunately I do not have the right tools to measure it. The only thing I can add is that I replaced the fuse in the charger.
You’re going to need a multi meter for any diagnosis /fix otherwise it’s all just guess work

They are not expensive and an invaluable tool in any Ebikers shed

Halfords won’t be cheapest but you can pick one up straight away

Actually , only 8 quid at Halfords