Stolen - 2x Giant Trance from campsite in Isle of Wight

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Hello guys, been a while since I posted but thought I would put this up here - we are desperate at the moment so thought it wouldn't hurt. From the Orchards Campsite in Isle of Wight. All 4 of the family bikes were locked with 2x cable combination locks and a third steel cable extender running through all four bikes. The scumbags took mine and the lads bikes, no trace of the locks/cable so they likely used bolt croppers and took the evidence with them. Left the Mrs and my daughters bikes (they were a lot less valuable).

Bike 1: My Giant Trance full sus, Oxydrive electric conversion kit, white frame, heavily modified over the years with white Rockshox Reba, Shimano XT dual shifters, XT hydraulics, 203mm discs, XT crankset, V8 pedals, Mavic Crossmax wheels (with white logos around the rims), Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyre on rear, Schwalbe Nobby Nic on front, Muckynuts shorty front mudguard, black handlebars, black dropper seat post and Halfords 'Plush' seat. Although I had the Oxydrive battery in my tent, the motor rear wheel, battery holder and handlebar LCD panel were present so a bit odd to offload to a buyer. Value about £1500 as was.

Bike 2: My boys Giant Trance X2 in black, totally stock apart from silver and blue metal pedals, Schwalbe Rocket Ron on rear and Nobby Nic on front and 203mm disc on front. Value about £500 as was.

I have set up searches on Ebay and Gumtree to alert me to new listings but tbh I think the thieves would know better than that.

Totally gutted, I can't afford to replace either. We are looking into seeing if we can get anything via insurance but I won't hold my breath. To add insult to injury, despite still having the 13Ah battery (which only has around 800 miles on it and was performing flawlessly) I don't think I can buy the rest of the kit now as I think Oxydrive went down long ago.

Please let me know if you get a sniff of anything guys.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
Hello guys, been a while since I posted but thought I would put this up here - we are desperate at the moment so thought it wouldn't hurt. From the Orchards Campsite in Isle of Wight. All 4 of the family bikes were locked with 2x cable combination locks and a third steel cable extender running through all four bikes. The scumbags took mine and the lads bikes, no trace of the locks/cable so they likely used bolt croppers and took the evidence with them. Left the Mrs and my daughters bikes (they were a lot less valuable).

Bike 1: My Giant Trance full sus, Oxydrive electric conversion kit, white frame, heavily modified over the years with white Rockshox Reba, Shimano XT dual shifters, XT hydraulics, 203mm discs, XT crankset, V8 pedals, Mavic Crossmax wheels (with white logos around the rims), Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyre on rear, Schwalbe Nobby Nic on front, Muckynuts shorty front mudguard, black handlebars, black dropper seat post and Halfords 'Plush' seat. Although I had the Oxydrive battery in my tent, the motor rear wheel, battery holder and handlebar LCD panel were present so a bit odd to offload to a buyer. Value about £1500 as was.

Bike 2: My boys Giant Trance X2 in black, totally stock apart from silver and blue metal pedals, Schwalbe Rocket Ron on rear and Nobby Nic on front and 203mm disc on front. Value about £500 as was.

I have set up searches on Ebay and Gumtree to alert me to new listings but tbh I think the thieves would know better than that.

Totally gutted, I can't afford to replace either. We are looking into seeing if we can get anything via insurance but I won't hold my breath. To add insult to injury, despite still having the 13Ah battery (which only has around 800 miles on it and was performing flawlessly) I don't think I can buy the rest of the kit now as I think Oxydrive went down long ago.

View attachment 37382

View attachment 37383

View attachment 37384
B@stards.

Keep your eye on local facebook groups. Also, speak to a few locals to see if there's anywhere that the local scrotes hang out. There might be a local quarry or off road place where you could hang out this weekend to keep an eye out for 'em.

Final thought- if they've been nicked by another holidaymaker, you may even see them on the back of a car at the ferry terminal.

If you do find the culprit, give 'em an extra punch from me....

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Cheers, but I didn't have time to make any local enquiries, it happened on our last night and we are now back in Essex. I did scan the cars on the way home but didn't see anything apart from a used farm 4x4 quadbike on the back of a Hilux which I thought looked a bit sus tbh.

Macster58

Pedelecer
Dec 24, 2020

View attachment 37382

View attachment 37383

View attachment 37384
Wow that must be so gutting to lose two very nice bikes like that I don’t know how long ago that happened but in my experience I would say your best bet would be to go round to a local council estates because it would be the poor kids that are taking the bikes or young men with a van and just ask around I’m sure you could pay some young lads 20 quid for information on who’s got ebikes for sale and who it is that is doing the crimes. This way you can gather your Intel as it’s a small island and with a bit of luck maybe recover the bikes but chances are this was probably sometime ago that it happened and they are probably long gone now sorry about your news But if I was you I would go to the local council estates and ask around. You would be surprised how easy people talk when money is on offer. Drug addicts are another source of good information as they are desperate and often in the know. Good luck