Storck Cosworth

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
A quick review of my new steed .
I have a number of ebikes Optibike , 3rd element eSpire , Grace . Also have another 7 pedal bikes from intense to stork fascenario , bike nut comes to mind. Also bike mechanic cyctech 3
Purchased from Valley Scooters in Bolton , 1stly Ian and Sue from valley are passionate about ebikes which helps when you are as geeky as me about bikes.
Without going into all the specs they are on the web . This bike is the most responsive
Bike I have ridden , full carbon frame makes this a flyer , drafting the Lycra boys on their Sunday outing is my new sport .
This bike has skinnier tyres than the multitask namely 700 x 35 which are road bike slim.
Hills this thing eats them up , having ridden my opti up many peak district paths , this, probably due to the weight , just glides up with very little effort.
As a weight weanie I am swapping a few bits to shave a few pounds namely the xt and bars , seat etc , worked out it will save around 3lbs also will go lighter with tyres .
I have the open motor fitted thanks to Ian and Trevor , and can confirm it works great :)
Bought 2 batteries as they do take a while to charge and I cover 150 - 200 miles a week.
Not sure how the regen works as you do not get a feedback on any display, I assume it does as it says.
Been out in a Hoolie and the bike worked flawlessly .

Any questions about any of my bikes fire away . Apologies for any typos or grammar.
Marks out of 10 has to be a 9 nobody gets 10. Dropped Mark should have been xtr
On a bike this good.

Cakey

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
Quick update covered over 300 miles last few weeks .
Motor is silent and the hill climbing torque is very good.
lights on display show you how much motor effort is being provided .
Rides just like a carbon framed cross bike.
Regen seems very good, 17 miles of ups and downs still had 4 lights out of 5 on battery.
1st pinch flat this week , fitted Michelin protec tube the nobly one.

deepfraught

Just Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Nice report Cakey.
Are you riding recreationally, or commuting/errands/carrying luggage?

Have you got a review of the eSpire anywhere?
I've got a few hub motor bikes and kits from legal to motorcycle potential, but am looking to a lighter cheaper mid drive, Tonaro is top of the list, but still not exactly what I want standard, but for the price not great options downunder.