Strong GT-S210 battery type and pedal assist?

aab1

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
If I'm unable to find a new controller for my bike, I'll sell it as is and probably get the Strong GT-S210 but I have some questions.

1. Does it come with lead acid or nimh batteries?

2. Does it have a pedal assist feature where you pedal and the motor will automatically kick in to assist you without you having to touch a throttle?

3. They claim a 100km distance, my current bike is identical in every way and was rated for 40km with continuous pedal assistance.

4. This "new" one also says it has a 500 watt motor while mine said it had a 220 watt motor, does this make a difference? How could it have 2-3 times the range with the same capacity battery and a 2x more power hungry motor? Are they just liying through their teeth to increase sales to gullible people who fall for these frauds? Or does it have a magical technology that nearly triples the range with the same capacity battery (highly unlikely)?

And finally, why is this website so slow? Is it always like this or is it a bad day? It reminds me of dial up internet days.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not slow at this end aab1, internet conditions en route from there perhaps?

We suffer from bloated range claims as well, and just assume a bike will do half what is claimed. That's usually a fairly safe bet.

aab1

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
One more thing, the company's website has been down for months, did they also go bankrupt like nearly all other ebike companies? Are there any still in business or are we stuck buying things from bankrupt companies?

aab1

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Well I just went to Canadian Tire on my peice of junk "electric bike", I forced myself to use human power for 80% of the going ride so I'd at least have power left to come back, and I used a combination of my power and the motor to come back most of the time.

To my surprise there was a Strong GT-S210 parked right outside the store, I parked mine next to it and the other was gone when I left so I guess he saw mine too.

Inside the store I tried to look at it also, but it was between 2 other bikes which those where between boxes, needless to say I could barely see a thing more than I can on the online photo. I also couldn't tell whether it has automatic pedal assist or not, I could not see a pedal torque sensor anywhere, I even tested the motor hub to see if it was hidden like in mine but it really doesn't look like it, does this bike have pedal assist at all? If not I'll forget completely about it because my bike works "fine" but without the pedal assist, I want to buy another one to get the pedal assist feature back (all I'd need is a new controller and mine would be like new, but they seem impossible to find, which is why I'm looking for a new bike entirely. That GT-S210 is no better than my current bike if it doesn't have that feature.

Thanks