Suggest a better value bike than this, please...

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I currently have an Ortler Wien 7-speed commuter and it is brilliant.

I'm thinking of upgrading to one of these: https://www.bikester.co.uk/739015.html mainly because of the disc brakes, more powerful Bosch motor and larger battery. It's £1720, give or take, which seems to be excellent value to me.

Can you recommend a bike in the same price bracket as good, if not better? Hybrids only, please, I already have an eMTB.

TIA

Reactions: artspeck

Deno

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2018
Dublin
The motor on that is a performance line, not a CX, is that right?

Also they list the chainset with a 38T front cog which would be far too many teeth on a Bosch Gen 2 motor. I think there is a spec mix up on that site. A 38T chainset would indicate a Gen 3 motor surely yet the motor in the pics is gen 2?

The latest Bosch gen 3 Active Line plus motors get rave reviews here, specifically when pedaling above the cutoff - a major issue for the Gen 2's as you know. Not sure if the gen 3 motors can be delimited so if that is your route - then a gen 2 might be better.

The linked bike looks like it has good kit, brakes will be good - same as I have. Lights and mudguards for the price is good I think.

Reactions: Warwick

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Thanks for that. I'll check which generation of motor they're using. I have a Badass dongle and it would be good to be able to switch it over.