suitable bike for 5' woman

broombank

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2010
as a follow up to my previous posting (6th may) my wife is quite delighted with her Ezee Chopper which is a perfect size for her .Onbike was a pleasure to deal with and extremely fast . The only reservation is its maximum speed of 13mph . Does anyone have any experience of derestricting choppers . Is it possible ? Does it invalidate the warranty ? Its clear that the motor cuts out at 13mph so I don't think its about the 20 inch wheel size alone .

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Glad my recommendation proved ok, it's the ideal bike in this situation and a great climber.

The original Chopper was derived from the 26" wheel Sprint which wasn't derestrictable, just running to the battery voltage limit of well over 16 mph when freshly charged, hence the Chopper's 13 mph on a freshly charged battery. If the Chopper is still using the same Sprint motor as shown on the Onbike site, I think that will still be the case. If it's using the eZee motor like the newer Sprint GTS, it might be possible, in which case have a word with Onbike.