Suitable bike racks for a Discovery Sport

Jayess

Just Joined
Aug 15, 2017
Cumbria
Has anyone fitted a cycle carrier to a tow bar on a Discovery Sport? Just wondering about which is best for two e-bikes (Specialized and Bergamont) and ease of fitting.....I’m a complete novice!

Reactions: LeighPing

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Has anyone fitted a cycle carrier to a tow bar on a Discovery Sport? Just wondering about which is best for two e-bikes (Specialized and Bergamont) and ease of fitting.....I’m a complete novice!
Check out "Thule" Top quality and really easy to fit.

Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

I have a Cykell. They're quite expensive, though they work perfectly. It just clicks in place, and is then completely rigid. Halfords have a complete range of cycle racks from quite cheap to moderately expensive. They all work.

Reactions: The Bear

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
The Cykell and Thule VeloSpace appear to be identical, though do look very good indeed.

garywfox

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2017
Nottingham
Hi Jayess,
I use an Atera Strada Ebike carrier. My Škoda has a vertical tailgate, and the carrier tilts by using a foot operated bar so that I can still access the boot without unloading bikes. There’s also plenty of room between bikes, and the carrier itself is lightweight. It hangs on my garage wall when not in use and lifting it up there is no problem. I’ll include a link which has a video showing how easy it is to fit. It can carry up to 60kg, so the weight of the bikes shouldn’t be a problem. It’s also rock steady both on the motorway and on the rougher stuff.
[https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/all-products/atera_strada_e_bike_2_bike_carrier_no_ar2686/Qx@w,6M4PHS,ZGenkQvENtDzBA]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moaten

Auxtail

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2017
Milton Keynes
I would recommend removing the batteries during transport and covering the terminals to avoid corrosion. It will help with the loading, and stress on the bike and rack.
Also be careful where you clamp on the frame, especially if carbon, involved as most of the manufacturer's suggest not to clamp the carbon. There is likely to be some scratching of the paint and clamping on cables makes that worse.
https://auxtail.com/about/carbon-clamping/