Reviewer: A W Craddock

Model: Sun lova SL300ZB

Retailer: On Ebay

Purchase Price: 360 inc

Time Owned: 3 months

Terrain: Some minor hills

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Strengths:
Easy to put together. Just the Saddle post and Handlebar stem. For the price and compared to other Folder/Electrics on Ebay or on the Internet it is incredibly good value. The descriptions given are not that comprehensive and there are a lot of things which are not apparent until you see the Bike or study the online Photos very carefully. Some are, the lighting set is an extra on most others and as the motor drives the front wheel you can lift up the bike at the front and get lighting easily, the Battery pack is under the luggage rack and barely noticeable, there is a sensible carrying handle just above the Battery, the battery has a lock with two keys, no ignition key though but a push button turns the drive on and off, good quality saddle with spring action, sprung forks, ally rims with really chunky tyres, the brake levers are good quality and disconnect the drive if applied, indicator lights on handle bars shows full, half, low battery, reflectors on the wheels. In an ideal world the Bike would have folding pedals and Hub gears, but these are extras that can be added later and I don t intend to do much pedalling.

For all round good value I would recommend this Bike and it is a pleasure to use.
I am not a serious Cyclist and I am over 70 but the Bike is very useful around Town and can be folded in half and put on the back seat easily. That way I can beat a lot of Parking charges.

Weaknesses:
Carriage charge is expensive and it did not arrive in the best of condition. The Polystyrene was minced up inside the Box and one of the outer straps was missing. Everything was in the Box though and only a few minor scratches which could have come from anywhere on route from China.
One of the Tyres was flat. The rear light lens was off and loose in the box, it really needs a little screw to secure it properly or it will only fall off when going over rough ground. The rear reflector was hanging on by a couple of threads. The Dynamo on the front wheel is impossible to adjust correctly as the bracket on the frame is too large. I will file some metal off to cure this. The Dynamo roller needs to run on the side of the Tyre not on the Tread. The Instruction book is in the most appalling English but it is understandable. No mention of spares back up anywhere.

Summary:
A good buy if you want a simple ebike to use in conjunction with your Car.

Overall Rating: 9

bersh

Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2007
Sunlova questions

Well, I'd like to know what does it weigh and the cost (360 dollars or pounds)? And I'd like to know more about those hills and the kind of battery you have? I live in San Francisco and our hills are often wicked. My eZee Quando has no gears and a lot of trouble with the particularly steeper ones. Thanks!