sunny day......31 mile bike ride

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
We managed 6.5 miles - the pub for lunch and home again. Are we put to shame? No, sir! Next time we'll look for a pub just a little further away - shouldn't be difficult here in Cheshire!
Tom.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Great pictures and love the format from Garmin. Is this straight out of Garmin Connect? What device do you use?

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
Great pictures and love the format from Garmin. Is this straight out of Garmin Connect? What device do you use?
unit is a garmin montana.......also contains a gps camera so software sorts it all out......garmin adventure is now contained in base camp......

regards

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
We managed 6.5 miles - the pub for lunch and home again. Are we put to shame? No, sir! Next time we'll look for a pub just a little further away - shouldn't be difficult here in Cheshire!
Tom.
riding to the pub...lovely way to spend the day .....those cheshire pubs are great......no pubs on my route today and not even a coffee shop.....
regards

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Did 15 miles the other day, still recovering it's been a long winter pheeeew. I think I need to use the motor.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
unit is a garmin montana.......also contains a gps camera so software sorts it all out......garmin adventure is now contained in base camp......

regards
Is there any control over the quality of the pictures, because they're horribly pixelated and far too large for the file size of them.

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
Is there any control over the quality of the pictures, because they're horribly pixelated and far too large for the file size of them.

garmin camera takes 5mb photos. these are compressed by the software when they are uploaded to the garmin site...i dont know what that compression is. when i look at the garmin site the photos look ok next to the route map. they are just meant to be snapshots......i take my canon dslr out if i want pro level shots.....but posting on any internet site greatly reduces the quality.......
are you expanding them on your screen ?
if you send me an email address by pm then i will email one or two of the original files to you for you to have a closer look at

regards

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
garmin camera takes 5mb photos. these are compressed by the software when they are uploaded to the garmin site...i dont know what that compression is. when i look at the garmin site the photos look ok next to the route map. they are just meant to be snapshots......i take my canon dslr out if i want pro level shots.....but posting on any internet site greatly reduces the quality.......
are you expanding them on your screen ?
if you send me an email address by pm then i will email one or two of the original files to you for you to have a closer look at

regards
Ah, right, well the Garmin site is compressing them into horrible jpegs that are being blown up to the size on my screen the Garmin site sets by default. At a guess, the displayed image is 1200x800 and the native pic is 640x480. It's a formatting problem with the Garmin site, obviously. I can click through and get the image at 640x480 and it looks ok.