Suspension seat post , better road tyres , nice looking rear and front mug guards , oxygen s cross mk11

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Well took it out today for small 5.5 mile ride as delivered dinner time must say lovely build quality , now I’d like to ask is a suspension seat post worth the change as been riding my son in-laws kona coiler full suspension and when off road onto paths etc could believe how painful the seat was , will a suspension seat post do the job ? If so any recommendations please , next question is it worth changing the standard tyres for something more better 99% riding will be on footpaths or road , and lastly for me it’s all about looks so is there any decent looking mug guards I can purchase nothing big and chunky .

Old Grumps

Just Joined
Apr 11, 2021
..... now I’d like to ask is a suspension seat post worth the change
Hi,

I have very recently started cycling. I'm 65 and disabled and feel the bumps so ..... I bought a Zoom Suspension Seat Post from Amazon for £25.
For me it has been worth the price and was very easy to fit.
I just had to play around with the tension setting a few times to get it just right for me ..... I'm 16.5 stones.

Steve

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
  • Agree
Reactions: robert44 and Gringo

MichaelM

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2020
Old thread but ...just bought the SP12 and fitted it, seems good but need a decent run to confirm. Nicely made. Always seems to get good reviews for the price. I might need to tweak the pre-load a bit. A 30.9m/350mm was £65 on Amazon including cover, I think the 27.~mm was a few quid cheaper.

RonnieX

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2020
I’ve got an SP12 from the supplier mentioned by @sjpt It’s transformed my bike, I can comfortably achieve 30 mile rides now.

Reactions: sjpt

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
I can vouch for the Suntour too. Not perfect (a little bouncy), but better than a hammering off the potholes & patching, and I'd say good value for money.

MichaelM

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2020
Well I had a decent run with the SP12 fitted today, and I can't say I noticed it, in fact I completely forgot I'd gone out to test it for the first 10 minutes. But neither did I notice the usual shocks to the fundament from our broken local road surfaces as I usually do, so I think that's a pass! I don't need to feel the movement.

Related Articles

Advertisers