Suspension Seatpost

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
With a difference that small I would run a dremel down the seatpost groove and tighten the bolt up a bit more as its less than half a millimetre difference.
Could also try wrapping it in a layer of paper other thin substance, although don't blame me please if the thing can never be removed :)

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
How long did it take to come?
Its £59.86 delivered so over a tenner cheaper than the next cheapest I can find.
Ta
Just ordered another NCX(with a hard spring this time) and with the euro problems its now £44.86 delivered.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Just ordered another NCX(with a hard spring this time) and with the euro problems its now £44.86 delivered.
That sounds good, could I get a link please? Thanks

Actually can I also ask how you find the NCX, in the way it pulls the seat backwards , is that comfortable and likely to be ok for anyone whose back is creaky?

Last edited:

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Actually can I also ask how you find the NCX, in the way it pulls the seat backwards , is that comfortable and likely to be ok for anyone whose back is creaky?
I've also got a creaky back & covered over 2000 miles with my NCX without issue. I love it so much, I use it on two bikes, quick enough to swap over and your always sitting on your favourite saddle;)

The best advice I can give is, don't fanny about just get one and enjoy

Reactions: jonathan75

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I've also got a creaky back & covered over 2000 miles with my NCX without issue. I love it so much, I use it on two bikes, quick enough to swap over and your always sitting on your favourite saddle;)

The best advice I can give is, don't fanny about just get one and enjoy
That sounds good, could I get a link please? Thanks

I think the backwards movement can be better for a dodgy back.
I tried the telescopic type with just up and down movement and it actually made my back far worse, whereas the NCX is superb.
As Gringo says, just get one:)
Just a word of warning if you have a brooks saddle, I had to widen the rails on my B17 to make space for the NCX to operate, not a job for the faint hearted !

Dave.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I bought the hard spring version coz I am a big lad!
http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/suntour-sp12-ncx-suspension-seatpost-27.2-mm-hard-215431

I have not tried it yet because I ordered the 31.6mm version becausr the specs on Evans Cycles said that was what my new bike would have BUT turned out they were wrong.
Luckily I put that one on ebay and ended up making £11 profit on it.
With the current euro problems this second one is even cheaper and I was tempted to order a few for ebay as well.

Reactions: Gringo