Suspension seatposts question asked by oldie

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
Just returning to say that one Suntour SP12 NCX arrived at lunchtime, was fitted PDQ with the preload set at minimum, and to my great relief we found that with the saddle as far forward as sensible, it's ended up in exactly the same position relative to the bars as it was with the original seatpost.

Madam set off on a test ride over the bumpest bit of road nearby and returned in due course grinning from ear to ear and pronounced it £53 well spent.

Thanks guys :)

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
Wife now recommending this seatpost to another woman she knows who has similar issues ...

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
I'm coming to this quite late but would have mentioned that I have sort of converted my Carrera Crossfuse into a sit-up-and-beg bike like your wife's by fitting a fork stem extender, and the Suntour sprung post has worked fine. I don't have an arthritic hip but I'm 71 and it transforms the bike so that I can comfortably do 30 mile rides (road and cinder mainly). A lot of that comfort by the way comes from the lack of a ripping pain between my shoulders from when the handlebars were in the normal low position.
Mike