Swifty ebikes - Dispatched and sold by Amazon

billybags

Just Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Hi everyone. New user, signed up bcause I've been looking for information about these bikes but Google throws up nothing! Anyone know anything about these? They are available for pre-order and caught my attention because they're dispatched and sold by Amazon. Seems to be the first ebike sold directly by Amazon that I'm aware of? Not much information on the product page, no weight etc.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

No address on their website - just a 'virtual'showroom

Same tel. no. though as heating / plumbing contractors in Southend-on-Sea

The swiftyebikes website domain name first registered only 3 months ago.

https://whois.domaintools.com/swiftyebike.com

Much better bikes available from more established dealers.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Silverdale Ave is an ordinary residential street, about a mile from us.
There is not enough parking space for residents, leave alone a lorry to pickup or deliver bikes.
BBC Click last week made a short reportage on drop shipping setups.
All you need is a website to sell. You don't need to make or import anything yourself.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
This Saturday morning they appear to be selling really well: The first blue e-bike is at no. 71 and the second is in position no. 18 of Amazons Chart of Top 100 Best Selling items in their Electric Bike category (and that's for a pre-order, delivery from 1st September).

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
good for them. Drop shipping is the way to go for new brands.
Manufacturing needs much space, you either have to do like Volt or drop ship and contract out support.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Silverdale Ave is an ordinary residential street, about a mile from us.
There is not enough parking space for residents, leave alone a lorry to pickup or deliver bikes.
BBC Click last week made a short reportage on drop shipping setups.
All you need is a website to sell. You don't need to make or import anything yourself.
I wonder if its some sort of possible scam?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
no, I don't think it is.
Amazon offers 'no quibble money back'.
The £799 price is commensurate with 10AH e-bikes.
I sell my Faro for only £100 more.
I myself have pondered about using Amazon's service for a long time. They offer clear advantages. Once you take away the expensive brick and mortar and support, we can work with a lot lower margin.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
no, I don't think it is.
Amazon offers 'no quibble money back'.
The £799 price is commensurate with 10AH e-bikes.
I sell my Faro for only £100 more.
I myself have pondered about using Amazon's service for a long time. They offer clear advantages. Once you take away the expensive brick and mortar and support, we can work with a lot lower margin.
Interesting, thanks for the explanation as well.
Andy

andytt2

Just Joined
Oct 28, 2020
I wonder if its some sort of possible scam?
Swifty E-bikes are basically Amazons own label. They are being made by a factory that also builds bikes for many other highly respectable brands. They are very reliable and great value for money. i have been riding the semi integrated one since the launch

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Swifty E-bikes are basically Amazons own label. They are being made by a factory that also builds bikes for many other highly respectable brands. They are very reliable and great value for money. i have been riding the semi integrated one since the launch
Was it you I saw in Alexandra St. the other day?