Swindon E-bike shop open day, Saturday 22nd May.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
E-Motion Electric Vehicle Co.
Orchard Garage, Turnpike Road, Blunsdon, Swindon, Wiltshire SN26 7EA

10am till 4pm

The magnificent Wisper 906 XC Tourer will be there, and yes, it rides as good as it looks. The presence of the Alpino is uncertain at the moment. Also Powabykes, the German built E-Max electric scooters and the beautifully engineered marmite bike, the Gocycle.

Mark has now secured a dealership for the Panasonic powered Raleigh electric bikes, fingers crossed the gents and ladies versions of the Dover will arrive in time for the event. The venue is situated on an access only, one mile long section of the old A419, providing an ideal test riding area in relative safety.

The bottom section is now a leafy lane with just a couple of houses and a farm at the end.

Refreshments will be available including a barbeque with local farm made sausages, the best I have ever tasted. I will be there throughout the day with some of my own machines on display to add a little interest.

The venue is linked into Swindons network of safe cycling routes. Cross over Thamesdown Drive by Motorola and then hang a right by the Speedway Stadium, Toucan crossings will take you safely across the bridge over the new by-pass. Hang a right at the Coldharbour pub, then carry on down to the venue on the left, next door to Brownhills motor homes site.

Not quite the Presteigne extravaganza, but given a sunny day it should be an enjoyable event.

All the best
Bob

I have no financial or business interest in E-Motion Electric Vehicle Co.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Too far away for me Bob, but it's good to see an imaginative promotion like this for e-biking.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Update: The Raleighs arrive!

The Raleigh Dovers have arrived, both step-through and cross-bar versions, and a third machine for demonstrations. I had a quick look at the cross-bar version, and what a handsome machine it is!.

Lloyd Clarkson pulled out all the stops to ensure the machines arrived for the event, even changing his itinerary to suit. It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance Lloyd.

Sadly, the Wisper Alpino will not be there.

With the weather set fair, everything is on track for an enjoyable day.

All the best
Bob