Swytch Customer service and general overview

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Hi Everyone,

As some will know i have been using a swytch kit for months now so can now give a proper opinion. Firstly onto the customer service, I contacted them with an issue with the Tour battery which has been discontinued but will talk more about that later. They got back to me the next day and offered me 2 solutions, send it back to get them to fix it or they will send me 2 new pro batteries, for me it was a no brainer the pro batteries suits the kit better. To my surprise the 2 batteries arrived the next day, talk about excellent customer service they were excellent from start to finish. I cannot compliment their customer service any higher, these guys take customer service seriously.

I am very pleased with the kit, i ordered it with both the pro and the tour battery for longer range. In my opinion the pro battery suits the kit better, with the pro battery attached you hardly notice the extra weight. The motor is pretty strong and i never found a hill which defeats me and the controller allows you to set maximum power which is useful. The sound of the motor is almost silent and most people do not even know it's electric. Overall I think its a great kit and in my case took 30 minutes to fit. It's a thumbs up from me.

MichaelM

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2020
That of course is good to hear, as I have a kit on order - with the smallest battery option as I won't be doing longer trips on my Brompton and I want to retain its portability and agility.

Swytch's marketing is a little sharp angled, but I'm fairly sure most people can work out what the proper price should be, and I'm not sure it's even possible to buy one without the 'discount'.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
That of course is good to hear, as I have a kit on order - with the smallest battery option as I won't be doing longer trips on my Brompton and I want to retain its portability and agility.

Swytch's marketing is a little sharp angled, but I'm fairly sure most people can work out what the proper price should be, and I'm not sure it's even possible to buy one without the 'discount'.
Yes, assume that the next stage will be fixed pricing kits. I have now ended up with 3 batteries, never been in this position :) I'm overloaded with batteries luckily they are small enough to stick in the panniers or rucksack.

John Rankin

Just Joined
Jul 8, 2021
I just fitted a Swytch kit to my 13 year old bike. The installation was straightforward using the supplied manual and checking out a video for a clearer view of how the wheel washers were fitted. It was completed in 40 minutes and I immediately decided to tackle the hill next to my house. I breezed up the hill without breaking sweat. Looking forward to longer runs in the near future.

Attachments