Swytch Kit Hasn't Arrived

CycleMoni

Just Joined
Oct 22, 2020
I ordered my Swytch Kit back in May and was told it would be delivered in October. Then got an email that the shipment was arriving in UK on 10th October and had to pay taxes. Taxes paid but still haven't received it. Sent an email to Support but this was never answered. Am getting quite frustrated now. Anyone having the same problem?

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
I ordered my Swytch Kit back in May and was told it would be delivered in October. Then got an email that the shipment was arriving in UK on 10th October and had to pay taxes. Taxes paid but still haven't received it. Sent an email to Support but this was never answered. Am getting quite frustrated now. Anyone having the same problem?
So you order and pay for the kit 6 months ago!
Then before delivery you are asked to pay more!
You then get no kit and no support?

Seems like a good deal.... Remind me not to buy one!

Seriously hope you get it and it meets your expectations!;)

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I don’t know about the current shipments but I bought a kit in an earlier campaign (about 2 years ago) and it was delayed several times and arrived significantly late. However, at that time there were no additional taxes to pay and Swytch did provide reasonable updates on progress. When the kit eventually arrived I was generally happy with the product. I have had a controller failure since which took a few months for a replacement to arrive. During this time I had to repeatedly chase but always got email responses within a few days. In summary, whilst I couldn’t recommend them for customer service overall, I did find them ok in terms of contacting and getting responses. They may be struggling to keep up with themselves.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Whoever you paid the tax to has the parcel. It's them you need to sort it out with. At the time you pay the tax, it's waiting for delivery. Make sure that haven't put it in your shed or something like that, as they don't wait for you at the door anymore. They just leave the package and photograph it. They'll leave it wherever they can.

Samcycles

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2020
Northern Ireland
I considered the Swytch kit a couple of years ago even registered but having read reviews including one where it had taken well over a year to get the kit . That was enough for me and when they released the pre order I decided not to order. They bombarded me with emails and even offered a cheaper price if I accepted a kit without a warranty which didn't instill much confidence.
I really hope you get sorted soon.

Reactions: Andy-Mat

CycleMoni

Just Joined
Oct 22, 2020
Thanks evwryone for your messages. Sure enough, like clockwork, I got a response first thing this morning. Delays because of pandemic/lack of workers at the docks. Hopefully, I should have it soon. Will review it here when it arrives. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I considered the Swytch kit a couple of years ago even registered but having read reviews including one where it had taken well over a year to get the kit . That was enough for me and when they released the pre order I decided not to order. They bombarded me with emails and even offered a cheaper price if I accepted a kit without a warranty which didn't instill much confidence.
I really hope you get sorted soon.
I also saved money and had a low price several years ago for a Chinese rear hub e- bike.
I have not regretted doing that.
I have a "standard" hub e-bike that simply runs and runs, with almost no work from anyone, other than a temporary short in a rain storm, on the throttle.
Many cheap bikes have a) a guarantee not worth the paper its printed on and b) in my case, IF there had been a guarantee, it would have already run out long ago....Having the saving pays for a lot of possible repairs....
But what I am saying is probably only good for people with a good toolkit and reasonable DIY knowledge, though I have not needed much of that "pent up" knowledge as of now!!;)
As the old British saying goes:- "You pays your money, and you makes your choice!"
regards
Andy

CycleMoni

Just Joined
Oct 22, 2020
Still frustrated! Three weeks have now gone by again and my SWYTCH KIT still hasn't arrived! People, get your act together - this is so not good publicity for you......and I haven't even gotten the product yet!

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Still frustrated! Three weeks have now gone by again and my SWYTCH KIT still hasn't arrived! People, get your act together - this is so not good publicity for you......and I haven't even gotten the product yet!
Do a bit of research on "Google".
You are not alone!
Seems people pay and then you are in the hands of the gods as to when and if you get your kit.

Good luck anyway!

frankie6

Just Joined
Nov 16, 2020
Ordered swytch for my wife as she struggles to cycle up the smallest of hills . Was very impressed with the product and after seeing this on BBC CLICK finally made my decision to buy one on the 31 July 2020. Still waiting and its 16 November. The company should of been more truthful from the beginning regarding time scales. Covid has been here since the start of the year and will continue into next year . When will swytch get their act together? Wish id bought an electric bike from my local bike shop.:(:(

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011

frankie6

Just Joined
Nov 16, 2020
Thats a great story but still doesn't change the facts and feelings.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
All that because he probably didn't plug the motor cable in far enough or he had a bad connection on the main unit. It's a shame he didn't come here for advice.

CycleMoni

Just Joined
Oct 22, 2020
My Swytch Kit finally arrived yesterday! Now for installing it and trying it out. Will report on its performance, once I've got it up and running. Watch this space...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My Swytch Kit finally arrived yesterday! Now for installing it and trying it out. Will report on its performance, once I've got it up and running. Watch this space...
A sigh of relief when that turned up then.