Swytch Kit /Replacement 500w Controller

drallan45

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have a (UK based) Swytch kit which has a 500w motor and HAD a 500w controller that, with the removable battery pack, was stolen recently.
Sadly Swytch no longer sell the 500w kits and they say they can’t supply a compatible 500w controller that would allow me to adapt my wife’s redundant Swytch battery with 250w controller for use on my 500w motor.
Essentially I want to swap out the existing 250w controller for a replacement 500w KT controller(with compatible display) to allow me to use the full power of my 500w motor.
Unfortunately the connectors of the replacement KT controller I have I identified are Julet but the Swytch kit(I am only interested in the motor, the PAS and the throttle) are JST.
I attach photos of the 3 relevant Swytch connectors (currently attached to my wife’s 250w controller) and of the connectors on the proposed 500w controller
If I cut the Julet connectors off the new controller (PAS/Motor/Throttle) would it be fairly straightforward wiring up new JST connectors?
Will the colours of the leads/positioning of wires on the terminals be immediately apparent, once I’ve identified which of the Swytch JST terminals does what or is there a better way forward that you would suggest (as you can gather I’m no electrical expert!).
Any guidance anyone could provide would me much appreciated!
David

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Forget about 250w or 500w controller this , that and t'other, there is not such a thing with controllers. All that matters is the current rating and that the current rating must not exceed the battery continuous current rating.
Do you know the current rating of the original controller or that of the battery ?

One can buy Kt controllers with jst or julet.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
10.6ah battery only tells us the capacity, is there a product link to your battery with more spec details.

drallan45

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just while I’m awaiting “moderator approval” of my last 2 posts, I should let you know I’ve performed continuity tests on the connectors inside my bag, following through the Swytch unit on the handlebar, to the connectors outside and now know what wire goes where (see photo).
Assuming the controller is compatible, is it just now a case of removing the connectors on the new controller (I’m also buying a compatible KT display) and wiring up to the original connectors?44579

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH