Swytch

smifee

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2017
Chandler's Ford
My only experience of pedelecs is 3000 miles on a Boxer Cargo Tricycle. I have cycled since a kid but never had skinny wheels or drop handlebars. So I am a 70 year old plodder who hasn't ridden on 2 wheels for 5 years.

I'm interested in Swytch to fit to a folder with hub gears to use taking the dog out in the New Forest.

Got the chance today to try it at the Rose Bowl cricket ground. There's what I, as a Southern Softy, would call a hill up to the stadium. On my trike I was on maximum assist for a comfortable pootle up it. On the Swytch bike I flew up it on level 7 out of 9.

I won't be an early adopter but will be looking to buy next spring by which time I would hope any teething problems have been sorted out.

Reactions: Eagleowl

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
My only experience of pedelecs is 3000 miles on a Boxer Cargo Tricycle. I have cycled since a kid but never had skinny wheels or drop handlebars. So I am a 70 year old plodder who hasn't ridden on 2 wheels for 5 years.

I'm interested in Swytch to fit to a folder with hub gears to use taking the dog out in the New Forest.

Got the chance today to try it at the Rose Bowl cricket ground. There's what I, as a Southern Softy, would call a hill up to the stadium. On my trike I was on maximum assist for a comfortable pootle up it. On the Swytch bike I flew up it on level 7 out of 9.

I won't be an early adopter but will be looking to buy next spring by which time I would hope any teething problems have been sorted out.
I think there is better out there, but they are reasonably priced and simple to fit which is cool. I prefer rear hubs for grip reasons, dont like the idea of washing out but I ride hard in all conditions. Just don't do their Kickstarter thing as the wait times are a joke so I've heard