Tannus Tyres?.

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
I've been looking into the Tannus Airless tyres, specifically for the back of my Nuvinci hubbed mid drive conversion.

Has anyone on here had any experience with them?.

Fitting wise I'm not to fussed if it is a chore it's mainly grip and ride quality.

Firm is fine (I have a suspension seatpost) but bone shaking may be a step too far?.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I've been looking into the Tannus Airless tyres, specifically for the back of my Nuvinci hubbed mid drive conversion.

Has anyone on here had any experience with them?.

Fitting wise I'm not to fussed if it is a chore it's mainly grip and ride quality.

Firm is fine (I have a suspension seatpost) but bone shaking may be a step too far?.
I heard (2nd hand info) that many airless tyres are very hard on spokes; that may or may not apply to Tannus.

A spoke is a lot more awkward to fix than a puncture, though at least with the Nuvinci you won't have the problem of spoke breakage behind the cassette.

There's a Schwalbe one now: https://www.schwalbe.com/en/pressereader/schwalbes-world-first-airless-system . I've no idea how good it is.

Reactions: KeithMac

Nellie

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2020
I have the 700 x 28c on my carbon framed racer and the ride is hard apparently the 700 x 32c is softer as there is more material but I’ve not tried them. Had them for three years now done close to 4000 miles and they still look like new. If your bike wheels are 26 inch there is a tyre called the tannus razor blade at 1.75 inch wide which is equivalent to 80 psi so much softer. Hard to find info on tannus website but tredz.co.uk sell them. Also they do the Armour insert in lots of sizes which gives about 15mm puncture protection .

Reactions: KeithMac