Help! Tern HSD S8i

forzavelo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 18, 2021
Cheshire
Honestly this is not a thinly disguised ploy to try and flog my bike here. Im just trying to get an idea of its value. Its a Tern HSD S8i which I bought new in April 2021 from Tredz. Its done just short of 4000mls and has been a great bike. Extremely reliable without issue. Im going to throw in a pair of Thule panniers. Im hoping for about £2k. What do people think.

I just fancy a change. No other reason for sale.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Tricky pricing an out of warranty mid drive bike!

Any issue with the motor will cost towards £1000 to fix, so a risk aware and averse buyer will apply a substantial discount in their calculation to account for this.

I saw a bike identical to mine on eBay for months, two years old and only 200 miles use, RRP new £2700, did not sell at £1500, or £1200, but after 6 months disappeared sold or unsold at asking price of just £1000.

Your 4000 miles is quite high, so I would be surprised if it did any better.

And my 11,700 mile bike must be worth something...!

Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I agree, out of warranty locked in /proprietary bikes have little or no value in my books . Very few or none make economical sense as used bike.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Honestly this is not a thinly disguised ploy to try and flog my bike here. Im just trying to get an idea of its value. Its a Tern HSD S8i which I bought new in April 2021 from Tredz. Its done just short of 4000mls and has been a great bike. Extremely reliable without issue. Im going to throw in a pair of Thule panniers. Im hoping for about £2k. What do people think.

I just fancy a change. No other reason for sale.
I had no problem selling a couple of bikes via these pages. Both mid-engines, a Riese & Muller Delite & a Haibike. Both with Bosch motors and many thousands done.
I have a Tern & it'd the nicest bike to ride, but not as powerful as the Homage.
Good luck.

Reactions: forzavelo

forzavelo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 18, 2021
Cheshire
Well just to follow up on this I sold it for £1800. So im relatively happy with that. The hunt for its replacement starts now. Im avoiding all of the Bosch smart powered bikes. And im looking mostly at Haibike with a Yammy motor. Mostly because I will fit a tuning device. Forgetting the availability of more speed. It makes the motor feel so much smoother. And the company I have used for Volspeed have advised to avoid Bosch smart.