The Apprentice: Claude Littner... almost losing leg... ebike accident

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
How does someone travelling at 10km/h on a ebike, end up almost losing a leg after hitting a pothole?

"quickly realised he was seriously injured as a bone was sticking out of his leg."

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Only a badger could have caused such a serious injury ;)

• :D
Reactions: AndyBike

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Jeez, I qiah the poor fella a good recovery - you don't have to be doing anything outrageous to have a bad injury - a freind of mine nearly lost a foot after simply loosing the bike over a dropped road verge and putting their foot down in an awkward way - it took 6 months for a 90% recovery - there but for the grace of g od (many brands are available) go anyone of us.

The BBC news sight said:
The businessman had the accident in April while riding an electric bike that injured his right leg so badly doctors considered amputating it.
He has had nine surgeries to date and is due to have another on 19 July..........

..... Littner, 72, said he had been "pottering along" near his home in north London when the accident occurred.

"I suspect I hit a pothole or something like that," he said. "The next thing I knew I was lying on the ground."
An ambulance took him to the trauma unit at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington where surgeons successfully managed to save his leg.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Claude tweeted back in 2019 "These Raleigh e bikes are so great i had to have two"
Nice find!

It's an awful accident, and I hope he recovers well, but I'm still struggling to understand how he could have broken a leg so that the bone was sticking out. At 72, and if he'd never been a jogger, his leg bones wouldn't have been as strong, and he might have brittle bones for some medical reason... Maybe he'll write about it in his autobiography (which I won't read). A Bafang BBS01B could have been programmed to stop power sooner after pedalling ceased, so that his bike didn't end up so far away from him "In the middle of the road."

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Claude tweeted back in 2019 "These Raleigh e bikes are so great i had to have two"
Perhaps he was riding both at once, circus horse style, one foot on each saddle. (Of course, that would entail a fix to the electrics). It could explain fairly bad injuries.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Perhaps he was riding both at once, circus horse style, one foot on each saddle. (Of course, that would entail a fix to the electrics). It could explain fairly bad injuries.
Does Cossack blood course through Claude Littner's veins? o_O

Last edited:

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
It was a badger. Trust me. ;)