The development of the brand new 2020 Wispers... in Pictures!

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Clean, tidy look to that bike with in frame cabling.
Bamboo is a nice touch, comfier for passenger "backie". Hope rain doesn't soak into the grain, esp thru those recessed bolt holes. Tho it is "more water resistant most hardwoods", even used for frame tubes.
Clever that opening the top of the downtube doesn't affect its torsional rigidity, or let water in, spose coz there's a lip over its double-walled edge.
Well done. Mikel

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
David well done I hope the buying public get behind this, apart from the tech specs its just a lovely bike to look at. Now is it a granny scooter this year(sorry grannies) or one of these :rolleyes: I did ask on FB about being able to look at one as our local dealer in Bolton has gone. You also mentioned in your early intro about heart monitor? very interested about the detail as I have pacemaker installed.

cjd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 23, 2013
Hi David

Hopefully you got the email you wanted. Do you have a test one in Kemsing to try?

Any update on my delivery?

Huge thanks. V excitied
Craig

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We can arrange Craig, I would need a little notice as the bikes are currently on a tour of our dealers. We do have a hitch on delivery dates though, Although we now have the parts either in Portugal or in the way to Portugal the frames have not left China yet. The factory has been locked shut by the Government to stop any one working there until Monday at the earliest due to Corona Virus! The 110 workers who live outside Kunshan are coming back from the CNY holiday from all over China and then have to spend 14 days in virtual house arrest whilst in quarantine.

Expect some huge delays across the board later this year.

All the best, David

Reactions: Amoto65

cjd

Jan 23, 2013
We can arrange Craig, I would need a little notice as the bikes are currently on a tour of our dealers. We do have a hitch on delivery dates though, Although we now have the parts either in Portugal or in the way to Portugal the frames have not left China yet. The factory has been locked shut by the Government to stop any one working there until Monday at the earliest due to Corona Virus! The 110 workers who live outside Kunshan are coming back from the CNY holiday from all over China and then have to spend 14 days in virtual house arrest whilst in quarantine.

Expect some huge delays across the board later this year.

All the best, David
No worries at all..... As I am only down the road just give me a shout when you have them in the shop and I can pop down.

And as for the lead time, sadly thats out of your hands and lets just hope the factory workers are OK.

Thanks for the heads up

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
So.... CV-19 really gave us a headache!

I am pleased to say that despite the current problems the Wisper Wayfarers are actually coming very soon!

They are currently being built to go out to New Zealand and we should start production late May/Early June in Portugal.

Here's the blue for NZ, what do you think of the colour for the UK?

All the best, David

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Personally I am not that keen on that blue I prefer the misty blue or the iridium or black/grey, either way I am looking forward to a test ride and possible upgrade from my trusty 905.

cjd

Jan 23, 2013
Not a colour for me. Looks like a 2001 paint colour. Would not mind bright but like orange or lime

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For me the colour is too bold.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Other colours are available! It's a little on the bold side for me too, we have red and Iridium Silver (Light gold) coming too. It's always tricky with colours it's probably more sensible to be safe with silver/grey or pastel tones but we want to stand out in the shops within the sea of silver/grey and pastels. The bold blue may be short lived and may well become a collectors item!!! ;):)

All the best, David

Reactions: Amoto65 and Woosh

cjd

Jan 23, 2013
Other colours are available! It's a little on the bold side for me too, we have red and Iridium Silver (Light gold) coming too. It's always tricky with colours it's probably more sensible to be safe with silver/grey or pastel tones but we want to stand out in the shops within the sea of silver/grey and pastels. The bold blue may be short lived and may well become a collectors item!!! ;):)

All the best, David
I think the blue might look better with a grey rather than black? I like the two tone to be fair.