The development of the brand new 2020 Wispers... in Pictures!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Great pic! It certainly has been a strange one! I know you guys have been doing your best to get them out, the delays benefit no one, esp a business.

At least the demand is a good thing I.

Crossed fingers mine is in the 20% no email yet so not feeling confident. Plus mine is red!

Too much longer though and I'll be WELL over the maximum weight limit when it arrives!

Thanks for the update and crossing everything.
Maybe there are some Red ones against the rear wall.

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
The first bikes are being put together now, a few snags as always with a first production run.

There will a choice of three LCD screens, at an extra charge.

The basic one is as below and comes with the bike unless upgraded to Sport or Colour.

View attachment 37287

All the best, David
Not sure if it's an over sight, how come there's no time/clock on them or any way to dim the brightness for riding at night? Would this be a software update or are the LCDs not capable?

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
So just had the exiting news my wisper wayfarer adventure with the 7000 W battery will be here next week. A long tome coming but very excited since riding one a few weeks ago. Will be doing a full review when in hands!
Managed also to get a new lid (Soecialized Alin Max).
Did you get your bike?

cjd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 23, 2013
Did you get your bike?
I decided to postpone my order until April as its getting dark now and I have sight issues (i.e why I use a bike and cannot drive). But having test rode I can say they are well worth the wait! There is no bike out there with the torque and finish of these. I loved it. just shame that COVID has delayed everything.

Reactions: Grebacwhite

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
I decided to postpone my order until April as its getting dark now and I have sight issues (i.e why I use a bike and cannot drive). But having test rode I can say they are well worth the wait! There is no bike out there with the torque and finish of these. I loved it. just shame that COVID has delayed everything.
That's a big shame, you were so close to getting one.

I'm patiently waiting for others to get one too, I wanna see what they think of them!! Ours is great now I've sorted out a few issues that we had. Lovely bikes

Reactions: cjd

IwanEllis

Nov 14, 2019

I'm patiently waiting for others to get one too, I wanna see what they think of them!! Ours is great now I've sorted out a few issues that we had. Lovely bikes
I've just had some great news! Mine is almost there. My excitement is peaking!

Now I just need to decide between the new tyre options (they've changed since my original order) and I'm incredibly indecisive

Kendra Town and Country o'r Smart Sams?

I intend to ride mostly tarmac roads and cycle paths in rural wet and windy North Wales. Some of the paths may her a little gravelly/puddle filled at times so edging for the Sams.

.Any thoughts?

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I've just had some great news! Mine is almost there. My excitement is peaking!

Now I just need to decide between the new tyre options (they've changed since my original order) and I'm incredibly indecisive

Kendra Town and Country o'r Smart Sams?

I intend to ride mostly tarmac roads and cycle paths in rural wet and windy North Wales. Some of the paths may her a little gravelly/puddle filled at times so edging for the Sams.

.Any thoughts?
I've been running Smart Sam Plus tyres for the summer, about 1k miles so far on them, very pleased, good grip off road and pretty grippy too on tarmac, and have a center tread that rolls well. Not a single puncture so far. Mine are 700c x 1.75in, and I've found a great price here at about £38 for a pair delivered and arrived in a few days, so good service too

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
So sorry for the delay, this year has been weird to say the least!

Yesterday's production, run about 20% of the bikes on back order.

View attachment 38766

The first lot went out by DHL yesterday.

All the best, David
wow! there must be what 80 bikes in that pic, so 20% of back order, must of been in the region of 400 on order :) It's great to see ebikes really taking off now in the UK, one positive around covid19 with people's changing choices to commuting and leisure cycling. I'm seeing so mamy more ebikes everywhere in the last year in particular...at this rate the roadies will get bored of the 'cheat' comments

cjd

Jan 23, 2013

Was a big decision but the timeframe for most use for me is going when the clocks change so seems silly to sit there in the garage until spring. But all fairness David et all at Wisper were calm its on for April.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
A quick update... The bike will be ready this or next week. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee it won't be sold before April next year. We have already sold more than 3,000 for delivery in 2021 and it's likely that prices are going to have to rise. It is highly likely that we will have a shortfall especially in the early part of next year.

All the best, David

cjd

Jan 23, 2013
A quick update... The bike will be ready this or next week. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee it won't be sold before April next year. We have already sold more than 3,000 for delivery in 2021 and it's likely that prices are going to have to rise. It is highly likely that we will have a shortfall especially in the early part of next year.

All the best, David
Thanks = I have confirmation from your office its all good so hopefully you are a man of your word and your company sticks by that? I was told it would be ready every week for a few so as I said its now too late so I will collect in April Cheers

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
wow! there must be what 80 bikes in that pic, so 20% of back order, must of been in the region of 400 on order :) It's great to see ebikes really taking off now in the UK, one positive around covid19 with people's changing choices to commuting and leisure cycling. I'm seeing so mamy more ebikes everywhere in the last year in particular...at this rate the roadies will get bored of the 'cheat' comments
Hi eGroover!

That's just for delivery this month! We have another 600 being built this year and will have sold all those before Christmas.

It's certainly not just us, I understand Haibike are quoting March 2021 deliveries now. As you say, at last the eBike revolution has arrived in the UK. It's been a long 16 years!!

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks = I have confirmation from your office its all good so hopefully you are a man of your word and your company sticks by that? I was told it would be ready every week for a few so as I said its now too late so I will collect in April Cheers
Sorry but we cannot store the bike if others want it, that wouldn't be fair and of course you are free to change your mind at any time. However as a special one off, I would be pleased to store the bike in my personal office if the bike has been paid for.

All the best, David

cjd

Jan 23, 2013
Sorry but we cannot store the bike if others want it, that wouldn't be fair and of course you are free to change your mind at any time. However as a special one off, I would be pleased to store the bike in my personal office if the bike has been paid for.

All the best, David
Hi David

Sorry - Not asking for it to be stored -As agreed with your office the order is amended until April so I will collect it them please (if I have to wait then thats fine, I know you have other customers etc so there could be lead time so I will be in touch in March to check. - Otherwise there is 6 months of warranty wasted and its just sitting there not getting used.

Really pleased sales are super high! There is not a better bike out there with the power, and build of this so rightly so.

Cheers

Reactions: Grebacwhite

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
No worries, if you call and pay for the bikes now I will store it for you and keep it in my office and the Warranty will start from the day we deliver to you so you would lose nothing. The problem is that in April we have loads of orders already. However I understand that you are on the list now, but we cannot guarantee you will get it in April. If you are OK with that then no problem, and it's likely that the bike will be OK but I would not like to guarantee it.

All the best, David

Reactions: IwanEllis and cjd

IwanEllis

Nov 14, 2019
I have to say, it's these types of responses from David that is the reason I've persisted with waiting and not jumped ship. That and the fact that there seems to be NO competition in the rear hub, high weight capacity at this price.

It's been frustrating and I'm sure I've been a right pain but this level of forum, Facebook and email support is brilliant.

Chosen tyres (Sams) and hoping for a speedy dispatch now.

Thanks David and all. And a big congrats for all the orders in this difficult time.