The Electric Bike Effect

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I share this short clip only because it just shows how car drivers can be caught out simply because the old man on the E-Bike does the unexpected. In this case there were 4 cars in front of me and when we all set off I was easily able to keep up with the car in front but the driver behind must have already decided he would pass me before I reached the narrow (very narrow) bit, clearly he didn't expect my rate of acceleration, and then backed off..
No problem, no foul...

D

Deleted member 22539

What camera are you using ?
its nice and clear

D

Deleted member 22539

Its a Fly6. The older version. I also have the newer fly6 CE which has a much higher resolution
Funny enough i was looking at the fly6 CE i like the all in one look and no extra bits to worry about
i might just have to invest in one
Top job thanks

Reactions: oyster
D

Deleted member 22539

Very nice
the transit at 1.16 was close enough
im tempted to get the front one as well
is the battery life as good as they say ?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Very nice
the transit at 1.16 was close enough
im tempted to get the front one as well
is the battery life as good as they say ?
On the original fly 12 its very good but I am having issues with the 12CE, I have a support ticket open due to its sensitivity to a low sun.. If you have a browse through my you tube vids there are plenty of examples. Battery life is not as good as advertises but I can easily cover 2 x 1.5 hour runs.. I have never run it flat so dont really know

D

Deleted member 22539

You have been most helpfull
i will have a browse through the videos
as for the battery if it does 3hrs i would be happy enough with that
Thanks again

richard calvert

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 22, 2017
London
I share this short clip only because it just shows how car drivers can be caught out simply because the old man on the E-Bike does the unexpected. In this case there were 4 cars in front of me and when we all set off I was easily able to keep up with the car in front but the driver behind must have already decided he would pass me before I reached the narrow (very narrow) bit, clearly he didn't expect my rate of acceleration, and then backed off..
No problem, no foul...

Ride centrally when the road is narrow or car drivers will try to come past even when there's no room for them - they are not too bright.

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Bradley? Between you and Skipton is the dodgyest bit of road I know with all the traffic calming flower beds and bollards in the middle of a busy road .. obviously the planners don't ride bikes...
Hence why normally I stick to the canal hahaha

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
No I've only just started going out, I normally take my kids in the trailer but canal is too bad from bradley to Silsden, bradley to skipton is lovely all new pathed last year