The Electric Transport Shop - Reduced Prices

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK

Scatty

Pedelecer
Jan 15, 2009
yes but why is all electric bike shops closed during christmas there must be alot of people out there with christmas money ready to spend???

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
yes but why is all electric bike shops closed during christmas there must be alot of people out there with christmas money ready to spend???
So because they work in retail they are not allowed a holiday:rolleyes:

Other retailers are also closed probably because they are small operations

Anyway, lets hope they have an enjoyable break and start the new year with some good sale prices:eek:

Scatty

Pedelecer
Jan 15, 2009
I dont hear Tesco's staff complaining!! :D I hope nothing goes wrong with there customers bikes, they'll be waiting till next year to get it fixed ;)

Sir_Bob

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2009
my friend roger works at the fishcounter in tescos and he had chrismas and boxing day off :cool:

Nano

Just Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Electric bike batteries and chargers

Hello forum members. For the last year I have been riding my converted Brompton with the Nano motor which was great until my bike was stolen. I've still got 3 lithium batteries and two chargers but can't afford to buy another bike and motor kit so wonder if anyone would like to make me an offer for the batteries and chargers. One of the batteries is virtually new and was capable of getting me to work via steep hills for 15+miles. One of the batteries probably will only do about half this distance and the other doesn't work but if anyone is electrically minded, it may be a loose connection? The chargers were handy to keep one in the office and one at home. I also have a brompton bag and frame with electric connection. Anyway, just a thought. I'm based in Watford and hope that there's someone out there who could make good use of these batteries and chargers.

Nano

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
Hello forum members. For the last year I have been riding my converted Brompton with the Nano motor which was great until my bike was stolen. I've still got 3 lithium batteries and two chargers but can't afford to buy another bike and motor kit so wonder if anyone would like to make me an offer for the batteries and chargers. One of the batteries is virtually new and was capable of getting me to work via steep hills for 15+miles. One of the batteries probably will only do about half this distance and the other doesn't work but if anyone is electrically minded, it may be a loose connection? The chargers were handy to keep one in the office and one at home. I also have a brompton bag and frame with electric connection. Anyway, just a thought. I'm based in Watford and hope that there's someone out there who could make good use of these batteries and chargers.

Nano
Hi Nano, happy new year.

this is a sad post, sorry to hear you lost your bike and i'm sure someone could use what kit you have left, try posting it in the Classifieds thread.

good luck,
beeps

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
Nano - sad post. I'd guess you would find a buyer here.

But you'd also find people to help you if you wanted to put together another bike. You already have the most expensive bits - batteries and chargers. A basic secondhand Brompton perhaps?

All the best anyway

Andy

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
That is tough Nano

would you mind explaining the circumstances of the theft, your security measures, what have you? It may be helpful to the rest of us..........

Nano

Just Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Hi Beeps, Andy and Eddieo, thanks for your comments. I was obviously a bit gutted at the time my bike was pinched, particularly as I'm now back to riding a standard bike!

I'll put the bits on the classifieds and hopefully these will be of use to someone out there.

My bike was stolen from outside Barclays at Swiss Cottage tube station. It was locked to the cycle rack but the lock wasn't the best but they must have been quick.

I did think twice about leaving it and, obviously, should have taken it in with me....hindsight!

Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts.

Nano