The youth of today aint so bad :)

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
There was a break in the clouds today, so i thought i'd go for a quick spin up to Penshaw monument in Sunderland.
Part of the journey is dual carriageway, so i rode on the path alongside for safety.
On the way back, i saw a group of 15 or so young lads on various bikes, heading my way.
The path is fairly narrow, so i decided to stop as i didn't want to get mown down.
To my utter surprise, nearly every one of those lads said thank you to me for letting them past.
This was totally unexpected as i thought that the BMX bandits wouldn't give me the time of day.
It was a real feel good factor and another reason why people should get out on their bikes more.
If only motorists were as courteous to cyclists :cool:

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Well that gives me hope for the youth of today.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Maybe i had stumbled across the last remaining members of the P's and Q's brigade :p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I find the majority of youngsters are polite and thoughtful, on or off bikes. As ever it's the minority of exceptions that attract the attention due to the overt nature of their offensive behaviour.

cogs

Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2008
I find the majority of youngsters are polite and thoughtful, on or off bikes. As ever it's the minority of exceptions that attract the attention due to the overt nature of their offensive behaviour.
And lets not overlook the massmedia's reactionary penchant for labelling youngsters as delinquents.. Regardless of the good behaviour of the overwhelming number.

Kids are great - I used to be one.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
flecc and cogs, you're both right. I've told myself a million times not to exaggerate :eek:
When kids are kept occupied and active they're no trouble at all.
As you say, just the bored unmotivated few that let the side down.