Thinking of selling my bike.....

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Firstly this is not a sales advert!
I have a major problem with selling high value items to people whether I know them or not due to scams and comebacks, so LBS is going to either px it against a new e-aspect 910, or sell it on comission.... or not as the case may be..
My question is what is it worth?
2016 Scott e-genius 910. 6 months old 950 miles covered .
Serious question.. as said, not looking for a buyer so no offers considered,
Just need an idea of what is a fair price.
Answers on the back of a cig packet....
Thanks..

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if you put it on ebay, I reckon buy price less 33%.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's only an example.
PX is the usual way, your dealer is best placed to get the most out of it.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I'm far from trying to dissuade you from selling the bike, but could you not spend the financial difference/loss that you will incur when part exchanging, on the current bike instead, in order to bring it to the spec that you might be after with the new bike.

I can't help with offering a value for your bike, but I would say that an immaculately presented bike, that has just been serviced, and fitted new wear and tear items, such as bearings, brake pads chain and sprockets, tyres etc, would probably sell easier than one that isn't as well presented. I'm not saying that the bike would command a greater price, but it could help secure a faster sale.

I'd also suggest removing the accessories from the bike, and just have them available for the new owner to take.

Good luck with whatever that you decide to do.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I'm far from trying to dissuade you from selling the bike, but could you not spend the financial difference/loss that you will incur when part exchanging, on the current bike instead, in order to bring it to the spec that you might be after.

I can't help with offering a value for your bike, but I would say that an immaculately presented bike, that has just been serviced, and fitted new wear and tear items, such as bearings, brake pads chain and sprockets, tyres etc, would probably sell easier than one that isn't as well presented. I'm not saying that the bike would command a greater price, but it could help secure a faster sale.

I'd also suggest removing the accessories from the bike, and just have them available for the new owner to take.

In answer to Simon C as well..
The bike is totally wasted on me as I just dont like getting wet and muddy on extreme terrain so am fancying a more road orientated MTB that will take my rack and panniers..
So, spec wise I am thinking of going down not up.. Price wise its up of course..
http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Scott-E-Aspect-910-29er-2017-Electric-Mountain-Bike_95991.htm?sku=339958&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmIrJBRCRmJ_x7KDo-9oBEiQAuUPKMqAxmYlFFsxicjo8udefoD0jQXg_v3KyJUs7YXR5vpcaAsFx8P8HAQ

At present the twinloc has stopped working on the forks (apparently its a known issue for it sticking on the return) and they are going to get it sorted under warranty and a service and software update whilst they have it should do the trick.

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id say it will be under 2k tho see what the shop offers first.

my bike was £3500 and had 160 miles on it rrp was £5500+ dropper post.

• Informative
Reactions: Gubbins

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
I reckon the stealer will offer a bag of sand for your old bike in part ex.
Keep your bike, buy a greenway for another grand , add a few upgrades to make a top bike without the knickable name .and you'll still have enough for a slap up meal at Mrs Miggins pie shop,
Shame you are up North from me as you are welcome to try mine out, think Redcup and Pal are closer to you ,they have both versions of the bike.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I reckon the stealer will offer a bag of sand for your old bike in part ex.
Keep your bike, buy a greenway for another grand , add a few upgrades to make a top bike without the knickable name .and you'll still have enough for a slap up meal at Mrs Miggins pie shop,
Shame you are up North from me as you are welcome to try mine out, think Redcup and Pal are closer to you ,they have both versions of the bike.
Thanks for the info, but the e aspect knows my name and where I live so I am going to have to buy it eventually..

Altop1

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Lincolnshire
Hi Ebay is fine if and a big if you want to sell stuff that that your not bothered about not for selling items where you need a proper value.The fees are making it not viable, not to mention the idiots who mess you about.,

Fuzzy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2016
Halifax
Can you not just look at replacing the tyres and maybe the stem and handlebars for something a little more comfortable? I'm looking at some Marathon Pluses for when I need new tyres.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I'm far from trying to dissuade you from selling the bike, but could you not spend the financial difference/loss that you will incur when part exchanging, on the current bike instead, in order to bring it to the spec that you might be after with the new bike.

Good advice EddiePJ.. although you don't know my situation this advice has made me think of a different route.
I am rejigging the giant by putting on the marathon plus tyres, mudguards, rear rack and panniers, all of which I have in the garage and are surprisingly easy to fit which makes into a sort of all weather touring bike.
I am going to park up the scott and see how I go .

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just get a dongle its the cheapest way to get the most out of the mtb.

you cant knock it till you tried it ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
just get a dongle its the cheapest way to get the most out of the mtb.

you cant knock it till you tried it ;)
Hey SW, I know you mean well, but on the odd times when I have been able to achieve 30mph for any length of time I feel its just not safe, so while I agree that you cant comment negatively on something you haven't yet tried, I think its inherently dangerous to be able to go that fast all the time, so its not for me..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
22mph is my avg speed over distance i can do bursts of over 30mph but max effort is required thus need a bigger sprocket for higher speeds.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Related Articles

Advertisers