Three Types of Electric bikes

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
As I have a few days off work, its raining (Day one) and my bikes are ready for the road, so I got the camera out and snapped a few pictures.

I will post some my photos of the bikes and a run down of there systems if people are interested
Looking forward to some more detail of what set ups you are using now,looks like a 1000 watt cheap motor on the first bike,but the battery pack looks rather small,middle bike is a mystery to me and the far bike looks like a wisper,i would be very interested to know what has happened to the ezee motor you were running at 48v plus.

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Sorry forgot about taking a picture of the batteries, I now use lifpo4 in a shoulder bag or backpack, the box on the back of the green bike houses the controller all the conections a punture repair kit and tools.
It has a Steel rigid frame a 10 speed 53/39 chain ring, direct drive motor on a 28" rear wheel, 48v controller powered by a 48v 12a ping , a Very light old fashion design with modern upgrades no extra power is needed to ride this bike, but if you what it its there in spades.

The wisper is an early model 905e (Knight rider 2006) this one has no mods, basic repairs and maintanance and is still 95% original even has the same tiers, been used almost every day for 3 years by my Daughter a teenager 6st never peddled whent everywhere at 18mph, (now has a car) the only problems were one puncture lost the keys and just rescently the charger stopped working.

Last edited:

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
The third bike is the most Fun and most expensive bike to date.
Hot chili X-Rage DH frame (German hand made) Hot Chili Mountainbikes - Deutsch : Company: Produktion
one of the strongest bike frames out there.
Rock Shox 6 inch travel triple crown forks (Heavy strong and stable at high speeds)
Hope bigun 20mm hub front wheel (new bearing fitted)
Magura HS33 Hydraulic Rim Brakes F+B (nice stopping power)
A Crystalyte Phoenix Cruiser (5304) direct-drive motor (23.5 pounds)
A Crystalyte 36-72V 35A controller
Cycle Analyst Homepage - Ebike Amp-Hour and Watt Meter
Ping 48-72v 2c Battery
LMH switch
14 speed, 53-42 chain wheel.
Cree lights*2 (High power helmet and bar)
Suunto x9mi (Computer gps nav speed compass alt temp stopwatch time ect)
and a rear mirror.
This bike needs the power switch in the ON pos.

,i would be very interested to know what has happened to the ezee motor you were running at 48v plus.
I had 2 Ezee 48v set ups in the past both fwd now no longer exsist.

Last edited: