Throttle Help

rajshah123

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 14, 2023
Hello all.
I recently bought a Lectro Suburban 250W E bike.
It has a spare yellow connector to add a throttle, so I purchased one. It has a female connector like this:

However, unforuantely it does not work. When I plug it in, the 'High' red starts blinking. When I press down the pedal, it causes all three, "low medium and high" leds to start blinking. During this time, The electric pedal assist or the 6kmph creep mode does also not work. When I disconnect it, everything returns to normal.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I have attached a video here of the fault to my youtube:

This is the controller I have:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Cut the two connectors off and join the wires directly. One of the connectors at the moment doesn't have the matching sequence for the other one. Th colours of the wires should be obvious; like red to red, black to black and other to other; but if the colours are completely different tell us what they are, and hopefully we can decode them for you.

rajshah123

Aug 14, 2023
Okay I will try and have a look at what colours the wires are... and get back.

Is it true it should be like this at the throttle connector and the same at the connector coming out of the bike:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You have to check with a meter. With your controller switched on, put the black probe on the pin that goes in the ground hole and the red one on the pin that goes in the 5v hole. If you get 5v, it's correct, but that's unlikely. I'd say that you have the signal wire connected to 5v and your control panel is giving the code for throttle anomaly. When you switch on the controller, it checks that you have less than 1.5v on the throttle signal. If it sees more, it won't allow power until it does. That's to stop your bike from shooting off if you damaged something or connected something wrongly. The zero throttle signal is actually about 1.2v.

rajshah123

Aug 14, 2023
You have to check with a meter. With your controller switched on, put the black probe on the pin that goes in the ground hole and the red one on the pin that goes in the 5v hole. If you get 5v, it's correct, but that's unlikely. I'd say that you have the signal wire connected to 5v and your control panel is giving the code for throttle anomaly. When you switch on the controller, it checks that you have less than 1.5v on the throttle signal. If it sees more, it won't allow power until it does. That's to stop your bike from shooting off if you damaged something or connected something wrongly. The zero throttle signal is actually about 1.2v.
I will try this and have a look :)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'll have to get out the multimeter when my new throttle arrives - it's easier to measure if you poke a couple of paperclips into the connector holes, and if you have a second pair of hands or "helping hands", to keep the connector upright, and to prevent the paperclips touching.

Last edited:

leemorgan

Just Joined
Nov 6, 2023
I'll have to get out the multimeter when my new throttle arrives - it's easier to measure if you poke a couple of paperclips into the connector holes, and if you have a second pair of hands or "helping hands", to keep the connector upright, and to prevent the paperclips touching.
Hi did u get the throttle working

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi did u get the throttle working
Perhaps your question was intended to be directed at the OP?

I bought a different throttle with a compatible connector, because the first sale didn't work out - the seller had dragged his feet for about a week and didn't dispatch the one with the incompatible connector, so I cancelled and got a refund.

Last edited:

leemorgan

Just Joined
Nov 6, 2023
Perhaps your question was intended to be directed at the OP?

I bought a different throttle with a compatible connector, because the first sale didn't work out - the seller had dragged his feet for about a week and didn't dispatch the one with the incompatible connector, so I cancelled and got a refund.
Thanks .have u got make and model of throttle u got to work .as I am getting g same issues thankd

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Thanks .have u got make and model of throttle u got to work .as I am getting g same issues thankd
Which bike do you have? It'd be a good idea for you to start a new thread asking which throttle will work for your particular bike, and what exactly your throttle issue is, so the experts can notice your question and advise you. Include as much detail as possible.

My bike is a Bafang BBS01B conversion, and this throttle works great. Because the police may not know that the law doesn't apply to throttles on conversions, I've made mine toolless (knurled thumb bolt instead of an Allen) for easy attachment and removal, and it stays in my mobile toolkit in case of leg or bike pedalling mechanism or system failure.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314541101193

Last edited:

rajshah123

Aug 14, 2023
Edit
I even bought an original hero lectro throttle which comes on them from factory in other countries where it is standard.
Still didnt work

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Edit
I even bought an original hero lectro throttle which comes on them from factory in other countries where it is standard.
Still didnt work
All you need to do is cut the connectors off and join the wires in the right sequence.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thread can't be deleted as there have been replies and advice offered.