Throttle not responding ?

langtry

Pedelecer
Sep 17, 2007
Hi,

I have a problem just showing itself.On a ten mile return trip last Saturday,all was fine on the outward leg of the journey,but upon attempting the return leg,suddenly there was a loss of power on my Ezee Liv (just over ten months old) The throttle was not responding at all,but once I began to pedal assist the power came back.
This continued all the way home,so over the week-end put bike up on my bench to examine all the wiring which appears to be in order,checked connections on battery (which is fully charged) all looks OK. However,with ignition on and relevant lights showing,when I lift the bike from the front and twist throttle,nothing happens,no contact at all.
Would appreciate advice on this problem.Could the battery be at fault? or is the problem in the throttle itself? Any help appreciated.

Regards,

langtry

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When you turn the throttle and nothing happens, does the LED light on the controller flash or just go off. If it's flashing, can you say how many flashes it gives?

You might find this easier to check single handed with the bike upside down.

langtry

Pedelecer
Sep 17, 2007
Throttle

Hi Flecc,

Just checked,and when ignition switched on red light at side of key lights up and on the LED control the gren light comes on and remains constant when I twist grip of throttle I have been out for brief ride to see what is going on to-day,and just the same,power comes on as soon as I start to peddle,and when I stop peddling the power goes.

langtry

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And have you got no power at all in the throttle only position on the meter switch, or is it pedelec only in both switch positions?

langtry

Pedelecer
Sep 17, 2007
Throttle

Just checked and moved the cable on the control and the throttle worked OK
seems to be a loose wire? will make sure all wires are secure and properly connected,thank you flecc.

langtry

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's the answer I was about to come back with. The multi-pin throttle connector is the most likely suspect. If you take off the insulation and unplug and replug that it should be ok then.