Throttle Recommends ?

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm looking at changing my LCD & Controller later in the year to a KT/LCD3 setup to get the option of throttle control which I now lack. I'd much prefer a twist throttle rather than thumb push, anything recommended to work well with that combo ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any three wire option will work as long as the wiring is connected in the right order.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
In case you don't know, a thumb throttle is easier to install and easier to use, plus it doesn’t go off when you're pushing the bike.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah..I've heard about people with full throttles leaning their bikes on a wall and having it shoot up the road on it's own!. I'd go for a half twist throttle, I think if I used a thumb type rigor might set in if I'm not careful.

Good to know any three wire would work, I did wonder if there were some best avoided.
I know some work on the left and others on the right but sellers don't always say which theirs is.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Most are right handed as common with motor cycles/mopeds.
If you have Julet then buy one with Julet other wise they tend to be JST Sm 3 pins,
some come with wired pins and connector loose & some already inserted. If wiring order is wrong you have to persuade the wired pins to come out with a needle or thin implement to press down the barb that keeps them in place.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WUXING-Half-Twist-Throttle-For-Electric-Bike-Scooter-24V-36V-48V-60V-72V-3-WIRES/283326880666?hash=item41f7991b9a:g:mgoAAOSwfuBawdjJ:rk:11:pf:0

If buying KT controller & lcd get a twist throttle form the same seller then it is all plug and paly and no messing with wiring.

Last edited:

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Yeah..I've heard about people with full throttles leaning their bikes on a wall and having it shoot up the road on it's own!. I'd go for a half twist throttle, I think if I used a thumb type rigor might set in if I'm not careful.

So why not switch off when parking? I fitted a off/on switch on the bars on the opposite side to the power controller so if my full throttle goes mental it can be shut down pronto by either hand. I once had the stallion rearing scenario once when pushing the bike through a narrow gate. Great fun but now I switch off! Full throttle has nicer progressive power feed in I find.