Throttle Wiring

surfer6900

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 21, 2014
Hi, Recently got some help on here with relocating the spring in my throttle & now I need some wiring info.The Blue Wire has become disconnected and the 3 leds do no light up anymore.
I can live with them not working but don't really want that wire flapping around.

I can't see where the wire has come from.
Any ideas ?
$_12.JPG IMG_20140829_163424[1].jpg IMG_20140829_163446[1].jpg

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 4366

What you've provided is very confusing.

The first photo shows a red and a black wire, but the second one shows an additional blue one.

The second photo appears to show that the black wire is connected to the bottom right pad, and both the red and blue not connected. Are the red and black soldered to the same pad?

It's very difficult to see from your photo because the end that matters (the wires end) is dirty and smudged. Can you clean it a bit and take a photo directly from above. I need to be able to see where the tracks go.

I'm pretty sure that the blue wire goes to the pad that's the other side of the big hole next to the red and black wires, but I need better photos to confirm.

surfer6900

Jul 21, 2014
OK second attempt. Thanks so far d8veh.
Red and black soldered to the same pad & intact.
Blue wire was the one floating around.
Numbered all the pads for clarity.
L200903 Back.jpg L200903 Front.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

It's position no.2.

Red and black are both grounds. Strange to have red as a ground! One of them (probably red) will be used for the throttle ground. The empty pad next to them is where the red wire should be. The pads are joined so it's no problem. The track runs down to the diode near pad 3. Both ends of the diode will therefore be 0v, so pad 3, which is joined to the diode is also 0v. The blue wire carries battery voltage, so cannot be connected to any of those.

surfer6900

Jul 21, 2014
Cheers d8veh.
In the inspection process the red has detached too, So I'm popping it back where it should be.

Any ideas where I can get a replacement throttle?
I think i'd like to have a spare to hand.

This site is fab.
Thankyou

surfer6900

Jul 21, 2014
Ok all back together, No flailing wires, Bike seems to work fine but only the Power on (RED) led works and not the others.
No idea why. I can live with it as I know the power of my battery and it has an indicator on it but I'm just curious why it wouldn't light up ?

D

Deleted member 4366

If the blue wire touched any of the components on the PCB, it would blow them instantly.

surfer6900

Jul 21, 2014
Thanks D8veh. That was my fear.
I'll pick up a couple of spare throttles from BMS now I've found them.

Thanks for the help.

D

Deleted member 4366

Get a load of stuff while you're there. It works out cheaper then - sort of?