Throttle ?

Big Daddy

Just Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Hi new to the forum apologies if this is the wrong place for this question.

I just purchased an e cargo bike which my wife is using for the school run.

Its a hub style motor with the intelligent APT LCD 800s controller. Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a throttle? just to help on steepest hills.

see pic below of controller

Thanks in advance :)

Daz

20190420_105313[1].jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A common mistake calling the lcd/display a controller.
The controller you need to find is the one which the battery feed and motor wire lead go to, so follow the wiring from those until you get to the metal/ali boxed controller which has the pcb inside.
Take a clear pic or two of any unused wire connectors (if there are any), you are looking for a spare 3 pin unused wire connector.

Reactions: Big Daddy

Big Daddy

Just Joined
Apr 22, 2019
A common mistake calling the lcd/display a controller.
The controller you need to find is the one which the battery feed and motor wire lead go to, so follow the wiring from those until you get to the metal/ali boxed controller which has the pcb inside.
Take a clear pic or two of any unused wire connectors (if there are any), you are looking for a spare 3 pin unused wire connector.
Thanks for the info I'm sure wire goes straight into hub. When my wife gets back I'll take some snaps. Thanks again

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Follow the wire from the hub motor it will go to a controller box, either mounted on the seat post or next to the battery. If a rack battery controller may well be at the front of the battery or if the battery is a down tube mounted one mounted on the base of the batteries receiver. The handle bar lcd/display is wired via the controller, it will not go direct to the battery first.

Big Daddy

Just Joined
Apr 22, 2019
So wires lead to charging end of battery compartment/ slot. I'm guessing I need to disassemble this and find control pcb then find 3 point connection..this will be a sat job. thank's for sound guidance. Will see how I get on on Saturday.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is that the rack battery in #1 ? if so you may be lucky an find an unused 3 pin connector.
If there is no spare connector then you can't wire a throttle in as the pcb will not be programmed for one.

Big Daddy

Just Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Yip,in background wires go into bottom of this but are sheathed...further investigation required. Thanks for pointing me in right direction.