Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 27, 2013
Thule 916 v Westfalia BC60
Any words of advice on the merits or otherwise of the above two bikes carriers,
both are similarly priced.

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
I've no experience of the Westfalia carrier however I have the Thule Europower one which we use to transport two ebikes. It is excellent and I can thoroughly recommend it.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Borisd0,

Again, I have the Thule 916, great piece of kit, easy to use.

I don't know about the Westfalia, other than it also looks like a similar quality rack and the has the advantage of folding into a compact size when not in use.
Westfalia BC60 Cycle Carrier

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Hi; we have used the Thule 916 for three years without finding any fault with it. We regularly carry two Dutch bikes (batteries removed) and the whole set up seems rock-solid.
The rack is quite heavy and bulky so consider storage. Whichever you decide on - happy e-biking!

Tom

Last edited:

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
I've used a Thule carrier on the back of the motorhome for about 6 years and its been faultless. Earlier model than the Euro and probably better but more awkward.

If I were to change it I'd buy the Towsure one. I have a pal with one and it lightweight, easy to use and the cycle rack wheelbase part is adjustable which is often good with electric bikes which can sometimes be too long for some of the racks. It is also a fair bit cheaper.

Hopefully the link below works

Google Image Result for http://www.towsure.com/images/categories/1536/detail/roof-mounted-cycle-carriers.jpg