Help! Tips for making Stealth Bomber bike please

crazymaster

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2018
London
Hello!
I have a lot of experience with electri bikes now, i had some 250-500-1500-3000W bikes, but now i want to make stealth bomber, so i am looking for some tips.

1. I am looking for 60-80kmh max speed(in most cases i will not reach more than 40kmh)
2. I am looking for 100-150km range per day. I am delivery driver, so i run 2-3km then stop for a few minutes.
3. I need great brakes - suggestions?
I have used some Clarks M3 and they was complete ****. Then i switched to Schimano (355 if i am not wrong) They were ok for small bikes or maximum fat bike ~50kg)
4. What battery you will suggest me for this bike?

5. What is the cheapest and best place to buy 18650 batteries to make the battery myself or just for ready battery for this bike? I am looking to make it at best price, as thats the most expensive part of the bike.
I can even make it myself, because after that i will make other smaller batteries too(i have made many, but i was using expensive battery elements from UK).

6. And MOST important - suggest me reliable place to buy the parts - i want to be sure that they will arrive and quality will be ok - not too expensive of course...
China suppliers are ok - i can wait up to 1-2 months for the parts to arrive.
I will be located in UK - London after middle of October, so delivery to there or if there are options to receive the parts in Bulgaria faster than 1 month - i will choose that option :)

As i told maybe most important will be battery suppliers, because frame will be easy to be bought.

Thanks everybody for suggestions!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Em3ev is a good source for stuff like that. they've probably got everything you need. their quality is very good and they've been a recommended suppler from the beginning of ebikes.

150km and 80km/h are just not going to happen. you can have one or the other. to do 100km with an average speed of 50km/h, you'll need a minimum 3KWh battery. A large triangle battery has around 1Kwh, which will do about 30 to 40 km at 50 km/h.

Last edited:

crazymaster

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2018
London
Any tips from where i can buy good quality cells probably 3500mah panasonic or samsung or any other you suggest me?
With my calculations i need 300-400pcs

Which cells you will suggest me for the battery? 74V 40-50ah andlooking for about 50A current maximum (3000W)

crazymaster

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2018
London
About the maximum speed... i will be mostly using 30-50kmh and in rare cases more(i just want to have the power when i need it : ) i have sport motorcycle and i like the power :D :) )

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This is where to get cells from in Europe.

If you haven't built batteries before and don't have the equipment and other stuff you need, it'll be cheaper to get your battery professionally made. In this country, I'd recommend www.Ebikebatteries.co.uk. they can make whatever you want and advise you on the best cells, etc.

crazymaster

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2018
London
I have experience with batteries. I have made some and they work perfect, just they was small - 48V 17.5A maximum... so now i need to get bigger and stronger spot welder... any suggestions?
I may also stick to a company to make it, until i find good welder for myself :)

EDIT:
I checked the link u sent me - i know Jimmy, he is very good. In case i don't make the battery myself i will forward it to him :)

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Have a look on Endless Sphere, there's a couple of guys selling decent spot welders on there. You don't need more power to build a large pack, but if you have one of the big boxy Sunkko chinese ones, they are no good in my experience for welding long series connections, the remote pen cant carry the power. There is also a guy who sells 18650's shipped from Europe, used him a few times and they have all been good B grade cells.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For cells either Nkon or use ES member Tumich who sells top grade recycled cells.
Don't contact him via the thread above but PM him for response and business other wise he will not likely reply.