Help! To understand about EPAC testing and Certification under En15194 and other EU Directives

Pravin Raut

Just Joined
Apr 17, 2020
India
Dear Friends,
I am writing from india.
We are Ebike manufacturing company and we would like to Entered in the EU market with promising products for Electric bikes Enthusiasts and Passionate driver.
My concern here is that, as of now we know that EN15194 is the only standard applicable for EPAC(Pedelcs) in EU and i am not sure what if we can do the Self certification or else go with Testing agencies like, TUV or others also.

I request to experts please suggest me what is the way forward it.

Perhaps, i may clear with so many doubts and Questions in my mind.

Thanks
Pravin
homologation@nexzu.in

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Dear Friends,
I am writing from india.
We are Ebike manufacturing company and we would like to Entered in the EU market with promising products for Electric bikes Enthusiasts and Passionate driver.
My concern here is that, as of now we know that EN15194 is the only standard applicable for EPAC(Pedelcs) in EU and i am not sure what if we can do the Self certification or else go with Testing agencies like, TUV or others also.

I request to experts please suggest me what is the way forward it.

Perhaps, i may clear with so many doubts and Questions in my mind.

Thanks
Pravin
homologation@nexzu.in
Welcome to the forum Pravin, hopefully one of the suppliers who are members here will help you.

Meanwhile I do know that at least some of the major suppliers use testing labs. Wisper Bikes for example who have been in our market for two decades have posted that they use a testing lab and said the cost at the time of posting was circa £10,000 sterling per model tested.

Reactions: Pravin Raut

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I would have thought that it would be easier and cheaper to use a testing house in India. SGS do ebike testing in UK and China. They have a facility in India, so contact then and see what they say. By testing locally, you're probably more likely to get sympathetic treatment:

Pravin Raut

Just Joined
Apr 17, 2020
India
I would have thought that it would be easier and cheaper to use a testing house in India. SGS do ebike testing in UK and China. They have a facility in India, so contact then and see what they say. By testing locally, you're probably more likely to get sympathetic treatment:
Thank you very much for all the Information and Support.

nick_boost_kit

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 12, 2022
It seems there are no test houses in the UK for ISO4210 and EN15194 meaning UK manufacturers have to ship to Portugal or Germany, costing around £10,000 per frame.

We (LaVita) are in the process of a setting up a test lab in the UK for ISO4210 and EN15194 certification using our own calibrated & assured test rigs. We will offer frame lifetime testing and EMC assurance for our own e-bike technology platform under EN15194. To support low volume UK manufacturers we will offer cost price testing for ISO4210 frame lifetime assurance.

If you're a manufacturer please feel free to get in contact for a chat. Nick - lavitavelo.com

More info here - https://lavitavelo.com/blogs/stories/iso4210-en15194-test-house-by-lavita

Last edited: