Help! Tongsheng 48V 500W Battery suggestion please 10Ah to 15Ah

Mendip99

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 3, 2022
I am open to suggestions for makes and/or on line suppliers for a battery as above.

There seems to be a big range in price for same spec products, so I am interested in real life experience of the cheaper options ! Is it worth the extra cost of Panasonic cells, etc, etc...and any other points.

I like the look of the Whoosh bikes triangular bag battery at 10Ah, but waiting for 10 Dec release when I expect the price would be known.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
If you go small then you need quality cells. If you go big it matters less.

So for compact and lightweight the Woosh will be good, provided they are happy with your 500W motor, but if can afford the space and extra weight, get a 20Ah from one of the more reputable low cost suppliers and it should be fine.

Don't get a cheap 10Ah.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have gone small with my TSDZ as it suits my needs for up to 30 miles.
I went with 12s2p for 8400mah using molicel 25a 4200mah 21700 cells.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Mendip99

Nov 3, 2022
Thanks for the replies, I was really looking for recommendations and suggestions for specific brands and named reputable low cost supplier's. I am in the UK.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
I got my 10Ah 36v bottle battery from PSWPower, one year ago - around £130 iirc so a cheap battery and the BMS started playing up after about 3 months use - so a cheap battery but I'm OK with that as (a) I've a workaround for the BMS issue and (b) I'll be building my own when the bottle battery dies.
Having said that, the battery cells are still balanced (within 40mV) and delivering 9.75Ah to an LVC of 31.5v.

So cheap suits me as I'm happy to tinker, but that's not for everyone.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I got my 10Ah 36v bottle battery from PSWPower, one year ago - around £130 iirc so a cheap battery and the BMS started playing up after about 3 months use - so a cheap battery but I'm OK with that as (a) I've a workaround for the BMS issue and (b) I'll be building my own when the bottle battery dies.
Having said that, the battery cells are still balanced (within 40mV) and delivering 9.75Ah to an LVC of 31.5v.

So cheap suits me as I'm happy to tinker, but that's not for everyone.
That's good going with those figures, one can't complain for that money.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Mendip99

Nov 3, 2022
Thank you, I am not so confident tinkering with the electric side, very happy with the mechanicals, so would be looking for a battery that gave the best value for money with reliability too. Moon on a stick ??

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Not having any better knowledge than listening here, I bought a 15Ah 36V Yosepower in the summer, doing fine. But low torque middrive, so not being worked hard.