Tongsheng TSDZ2

Mark Copp

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 23, 2020
Hi I’ve just fitted TSDZ2 motor but seem to have an issue already. When I go to pull away at low speed the display shows me travelling at 62 mph and obviously the motor doesn’t kick in. Sometimes it’s ok but all too often it’s not doing as it should. I’ve tried moving the sensor to alter the gap but no change. Can anyone help?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you may have placed the speed sensor too close to the magnet, causing the sensor to pick up multiple pulses on each revolution.
Keep the air gap to about 5mm-10mm. Farther = better, still, the LED needs to flash each time the magnet passes in front of it.

Mark Copp

May 23, 2020
you may have placed the speed sensor too close to the magnet, causing the sensor to pick up multiple pulses on each revolution.
Keep the air gap to about 5mm-10mm. Farther = better, still, the LED needs to flash each time the magnet passes in front of it.
I

Mark Copp

May 23, 2020
I have moved it to the max I can which is well over 5 mm. even when I push it slowly it shows 62 mph and the odometer clocks Miles in no time. Once I’m moving it suddenly kicks in and works great.

Mark Copp

May 23, 2020
The issue really is when I first try to pull away. It almost pulses on and off until I get the bike going a bit and then it kicks in. Surely if it was down to sensor distance the problem would exist at all times? I really appreciate any help

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The gap is a problem on the tsdz2 far more than a bbs01 if you need it bigger turn [opposite]the magnet on the spoke
Remember to power up switch on without your feet on the pedals to allow the torque sensor to calibrate

Mark Copp

May 23, 2020
Thank you guys. I’ve moved the magnet a lot more than 10mm away from the sensor and it seems to work perfectly. This forum has already been a superb help. Really appreciate the help.