Too many options in my mind, but... any good?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Whoever "they" were, they don't know what they're talking about. You can expect about 30 miles from a 10aH battery if you have a 250w motor.

The acceleration test is a last resort to be used in the absence of a rating from the motor supplier. They can't fail your bike by doing that test when your motor's rated at 250w.
frankie's budget is £700. What are the choices? two strong contenders are £699 woosh Sirocco 2 with 15ah or £695 LEBC Vita with 10.4ah. Which one would you recommend?

D

Deleted member 4366

I can't see anything wrong with either of them.I think the choice comes down to styling.

Sam458

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2014
Hello lads, I have a question for all of you.
I've been reading some post and they said that if you do 10 miles is better a 36v 10ah battery and if you do 15miles 15ah battery. What about if you do about 12miles and you are small like me(1,70mand less than 70kg) do you think 10ah is enough or is better 15ah.( think that a bike with 15ah is 5-6kg heavier which you should consider for a person with my size)
15AH starts to get a bit heavy, even in Li-ion

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the extra 5ah adds about 1.2kg to the bike weight, rather less than the average d-lock that protects an expensive bike.

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
Hi lads, I could get the cyclocitry stealth for about 920€.. Is worth this 70€ extra against the woosh bike or the vita uno?

D

Deleted member 4366

There's nothing wrong with any of them. Too much choice these days.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Too much choice these days.
You got that right.

The OP is looking to do six miles each way.

A shorter list would be ebikes that couldn't do it.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Frankie24 you need to try some E- bikes, have a holiday and go to a E-bike supplier or E-bike rally.
Could save you a lot of £ and you may find just your style of machine.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Test ride some bikes. It's the only way to really feel what they mean and to understand a good and bad bike. Always ride the bike with the power off as well. A bike that is rubbish then has to waste more energy dealing with that.
test rides you need to.

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
Ok lads I am lucky and I will go tomorrow to a couple of stores to try the ebikes. The cheapest one is 1100€ so the quality probably will be better, however this is what I will try to see.
Style that suit me more(mtb,road bike,etc) where is the battery(back pannier,bottle..) how heavy is the bike to see how hard is to ride with no power, throttle and no throttle and finally 10ah vs 15ah.
I want to check the speed as well as I sill having in mind the sport ts.
Should I checked something else?

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Ok lads I am lucky and I will go tomorrow to a couple of stores to try the ebikes. The cheapest one is 1100€ so the quality probably will be better, however this is what I will try to see.
Style that suit me more(mtb,road bike,etc) where is the battery(back pannier,bottle..) how heavy is the bike to see how hard is to ride with no power, throttle and no throttle and finally 10ah vs 15ah.
I want to check the speed as well as I sill having in mind the sport ts.
Should I checked something else?
Absolutely - check that you enjoy riding whichever bike you choose!:)

Reactions: jackhandy and trex
D

Deleted member 4366

The Sport TS is about the nicest electric bike I ever rode in the way that it delivers the power. It just makes pedalling so comfortable, but (there's always a but) it doesn't have as much torque as the other models. it's therefore perfect if you don't have very steep hills or if you don't weigh so much. Make sure you try it on a hill if you have hills where you want to ride. The Big Bear is the opposite. It just eats hills for breakfast. I can imagine that Woosh sell a lot of ig Bears to those that try one.

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
Hello Lads! I just came back from my test ride and I don't really know what to say or what I felt...
Here we go:
The first bike that I tried I know is one that is very good, I am talking about the A2B hybrid. I think I shouldn't try that one first..My GOD! WHAT A BIKE!! when I started using it was very comfy and the power was great. The guy told me is a Torque sensor and if is true I really like it! It was like a normal bike but I could go very fast with no problem at all.
Then the second bike I tried was a folding bike with speed sensor ( Was good, even more If I think that was a folding bikee, however when I stopped peddaling the speed was going down faster than with the other one that I was feeling like more natural.
Then the last e-bike I tried was a Chinese bike CI EBIKE
http://www.ciebike.ie/focus-ii.html
I didn't like this one AT ALL! WAS HORRIBLE IN MY OPINION!
I tried with the lowest level of assistance...was very hard to ride, then I tried the second level...No difference for me... then I tried the last one and was a little bit better but I was Moving trying to go faster and was quite hard. I don't know if this is normal, if not, if is because of the bike, if was broken.. But for me was even harder than ride a normal bike..
After that I think maybe the sport would be better for me, I am 62-65 kg,1,70 m tall and I have some hills but maybe not that bad.( I know that is with not mudguards or panniers that can be worse..)
Which would be your opinion?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
who did you visit for the rest rides?

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
I visit a place which is called go electric(bh, A2B and fast4wards, and then that other one that is called ci ebike.
There is another place with more or less same bikes as the one I tried

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's quite flat where the Go Electric shop in North Dublin is. Not much of a challenge for any e-bikes. Do you know that you only need 200W power to ride at 25km/h on that terrain?
I am not surprised that the ci Focus is at the bottom at the test.
Its specification is unremarkable - how they think people would pay 1200 Euros for it is beyond me. Here, in the UK, Amazon sells similar spec for £499.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00472NWCA

or the shop just put it there to get customers to appreciate the better bikes more. Good bikes need at least good motor and good battery, the ci-focus has neither.

Reactions: Frankie24

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
Trex you are completely right. Go electric terrain was very flat but ci ebike as well. My problem has been, how could I love it one and hate the other? First thing I tough was about price and quality and I was afraid of paying 850€ for the vita, the sirocco 2 or the sport and get something like the ci ebike. After your answer I know that this is not going to happen

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
When I tried the a2b(torque sensor?) the ride was very natural something like a normal bike but easier to get some speed. With the speed sensor was more or less the same but if i stop pedalling was going slower earlier. Is this because is a torque sensor or can be because was a folding bike with smaller battery?

D

Deleted member 4366

Its nothing to do with what type of sensor is used. It simply depends on the software in the controller and its settings.