Too much power through front motor?

Kiblams

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm new to electric bikes and after doing a moderate amount of research (only the tip of the ice berg it seems) I bought myself a Dillenger 250w road legal kit.

To say I am happy with it is an understatement! The kit went on the bike without any issues and I was test riding within 30 minutes (no wire management etc)

I am really surprised at how powerful the motor is and it can drag my 250lbs weight up some pretty harsh hills with minimal input at 10mph and on flats it outpaces my pedalling and levels out at 18mph mid battery level and 22mph fully charged battery. (It also happens to be unlimited out of the box)

My query is this; because I was so surprised by the performance I did a little research and checked out the stats. As I see it, the battery is putting out 36V and the controller is 15A, so is it actually putting 540w through the motor when set to full assist/full throttle?

I have checked the motor and controller temps after some big hill climbs and everything feels cool to the touch so I'm not massively concerned, but just wondered if I was wildly mistaken.

Cheers!